1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your favourite blogging script? (EXCEPT for WordPress)

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ryan_uk, Jul 14, 2015.

Normally I use Drupal, sometimes WordPress, or create a customer script. (In the past I have used Blosxom.)

For a new blog I'm setting up, I decided Drupal was a bit too much and I need a change from that boring bloat WordPress. I gave Pivotx a try (I had tried it quite a few years ago, but wondered how it had changed) and that fell over at the first hurdle (login - it didn't even like the passwords it gave me after a reset :D). I might go back to it when I have more patience but now I'm looking up other options and trying different scripts.

So I started looking at alternatives, such as Ghost, but I have no interest in Node.js or similar (I prefer PHP solutions, I don't mind flat-file over SQL).

I'm not a fan of Joomla - pales in comparison to Drupal, just generally crap.

Aside from WordPress, what blogging scripts do you like and why?

ryan_uk, Jul 14, 2015 IP
  2. superdrive

superdrive Member

Best Answers:
    What is your goals here?

For me, content and traffic....share what I know, see the traffic come in...
    Best ones Blog.com and Blogspot.com

If you are building a new blog that is great besides wordpress, then joolma

superdrive, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  3. samazgor

samazgor Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was 2011, i setup a python based blogging script which can be easily host to google app engine (appspot). The name is "Micolog". I found that interesting :)

samazgor, Jul 24, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.