1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Experience With Solo Ads...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GJWi, Apr 9, 2016.

Hey Everybody, recently started growing my list with niche related solo ads... think its too early to make a judgement yet but was hoping to get some feedback from the forum on your experiences with solo ads and how they have helped your list, thankyou.

GJWi, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  2. Dean Bman

Dean Bman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there GJWi,

I have done quite a few tests with solo ad's and for me it all comes down to your landing page\ offer i have had as high as 56% con rates so it does depend on your setup also i have made some great sales from the leads, this once again depends on your setup, you need to get a great auto email sequnce going and grow a bond with the people on your list and then sell to them after you have there trust.

Dean Bman, Apr 14, 2016 IP
  3. Chanh

Chanh Member

Best Answers:
    Solo ads is my favorite paid traffic source. I got up to 61% opt-in before and a few sales on first sight. It all comes down to you buy it from. Nowadays, I only buy from a few closed ones. Do you use any other methods to build your list? Solo ads can be pretty expensive...

Chanh, May 11, 2016 IP
  4. Lei HangP

Lei HangP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've bought solo ads in various niches and the ones outside the Internet marketing niche are definitely more responsive as they're not inundated with offers every single day.

Lei HangP, May 17, 2016 IP
  5. Lei HangP

Lei HangP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is the group that I use for Internet marketing solo ads to check on vendors and read testimonials :
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoloAdsTestimonials/

Lei HangP, May 17, 2016 IP
  6. chippen2188

chippen2188 Member

Best Answers:
    I am in the same group as Lei HangP above me. I really recommend that you join the group if you want good solo ad reviews.

I like solo ads. It is easy traffic on demand. If it's good or not will most likely depend on your landing page. It will require some split testing and optimization but once you are happy with the numbers you can get the big traffic packages.
    Remember that a solo ad has not failed just because you did not make any sales directly. You should have follow-up emails and of course you will have a bigger list to send your regular emails too, which is nice :)

chippen2188, May 17, 2016 IP
  7. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good replies here, the accumulative knowledge and experience of these people can help you alot, I would also pay attention to my landing page as well. it is important to be able to convert the visitors and not just take them there and leave them hanging.

Mehdi.b, May 17, 2016 IP
  8. jdjenkins

jdjenkins Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've bought solo ads on Udimi before. The last one had about 58% opt-in rate.

jdjenkins, May 19, 2016 IP
  9. Justin Spencer

Justin Spencer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey there GJWi,

I've made a career out of buying and selling solo ads. They are absolutely terrific for scaling a list-building
    based business. Or any business, once you have your funnel properly attuned to the psychology/expectations
    of the folks clicking from the email media.

What niche business are you in?

Justin Spencer, May 20, 2016 IP
  10. Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Solo ads tend to bring you a bunch of freebie seekers. So of course you want to entice them onto your list by giving them something of value for free. But... Once you have them on your list you need to get them to make you money. Here is what I do.

I don't promote to them directly in emails. I tell stories and lead them to a web page. Then on the web page I recommend a product or service that costs very little. I usually like the price to be about $1. Once you get the freebie seeker to spend a tiny amount, you move them to another list. You can then start promoting more expensive items since you got them out of the freebie mindset.

Just my 2 cents.

Re's
    Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant, May 23, 2016 IP
  11. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I’m a beginner in Solo, and I can say, that Solo ads is when you (generally) pay someone to mail their email list, on your behalf, with a recommendation and link to your free optin offer squeeze page. Also, I know about Ad Swaps, is it the same?

JudySlean, May 25, 2016 IP
  12. CakeRake

CakeRake Member

Best Answers:
    used solo ads a while ago had 30% con rates and wasnt impressed

CakeRake, May 25, 2016 IP
  13. PDebbie

PDebbie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Solo ads can be very profitable if you know where exactly to buy them. For me, one my favorite websites is Udimi. Why it`s great? Because you do not have to pay for bot or fake clicks as Udimi`s super filter gets rid of all this clicks that pretend to be real. Another point: your money is safe. Sellers don`t get hold of the money that you paid till they deliver all clicks that were ordered by buyers. If they fail to deliver, you get your money back. These only few of amazing features that this website has.
    P.S you can also track all of your opt-ins and see real video of what exactly going on at the moment when potential lead visits your website.
    Basically this guys have thought about everything and they keep on bringing new features to make our life more easier and for that and many other reasons I love them and recommend it to everyone.

PDebbie, May 30, 2016 IP
  14. Fredi

Fredi Member

Best Answers:
    For me Solo Ads was effective. Opt-in rate was more than 60%. But I had to pay $.5 per click.

Fredi, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  15. RogueOne

RogueOne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Opt-in rates have little to do with the success of solo ads. The real test is if you can find a vendor who has actual people they will mail to, and these people have not been bombarded by offers. This can be very tough to find.

Do this test: Spend the same amount on solo ads and targeted PPC. See which gives you better ROI in the long run.

RogueOne, Jun 12, 2016 IP
  16. rritz

rritz Member

Best Answers:
    Someone said solo ad sellers build their list with freebies - personally, I never did that. I built my list with paid offers only, I never gave away anything for free. Everyone on my list was exposed to some chosen offers. Sure I also have freebie seekers on my list who never will buy anything. I also agree that opt in rates are not the only metric to determine the quality of traffic. In the end, ROI is the only thing you should look at. Of course if more people sign in to your list you get a better chance of getting sales. But 30 motivated buyers are a lot better than 60 freebie seekers in the long run. In my opinion, if you find a solo ad vendor who will adat to your need, this is the most effective way of buying traffic.

rritz, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  17. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi GJWi:
    As has been stated before Solo Ads can be good for your business depending on the source. You have been provided several sources already.
    Here are a couple more to review:
    Clickonomy.com It's basically a site where people can buy and sell clicks (Solo Ads). Prices range from .29 per click to over $1.00 per click.

ClickMagick.com is a click tracking company, and they have started to offer solo ads clicks also. They charge a flat fee of .85 per click but they are only in two niches right now.

Clickperfect.com is a third company to consider. I'm not sure what their offers include.

Whatever you do, communicate with the seller of the clicks before you buy. Ask them if their list has been exposed to your product before?
    Ask them how receptive their list is? Do they purchase often or are they mostly freebie seekers.
    Start small (100 clicks) and test to see if that provider is a good source for your niche and product.

Good Luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 18, 2016 IP