1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your daily linkbuilding routine?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mikewoodard33, Sep 10, 2010.

What is your daily linkbuilding routine? Just wanted to get some ideas on what you guys were doing to gain your backlinks.

What I do:
    1) Submit each of my sites to 10 directories
    2) Do 5 blog comments for each of my sites.
    3) Write 1 article for 5 of my sites and submit them.

That's pretty much it. :rolleyes: I don't think I'm doing very much work. I wanted to see what you guys were doing.

mikewoodard33, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  2. timur1505

timur1505 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you continue to do that, then you are setting yourself up for disaster. Google will notice that pattern and devalue your links.

Don’t take Google for fools, they have one hell of a sophisticated program.

You need to make Google think that your links are all natural.

timur1505, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  3. DesmondChui

DesmondChui Member

Best Answers:
    those activities is natural
    what do you mean by not natural, and how can be improve?

DesmondChui, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  4. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A few thing:
    1. Directories are really devalued these days but don't hurt. The easiest way would be to hire somebody to submit your site to a few thousands directories semi-automatically.
    2. Article Marking is fine
    3. Do some social media
    4. Stop blog commenting... it's just spamming. Just think if you'd like people making hundreds of useless comments on your blogs just to get backlinks.

praetserge, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  5. 3glogic

3glogic Peon

Best Answers:
    The above listed activities are fine but you need to activate them ethically...

3glogic, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  6. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    3 & 4 if commenting on a blog, which is not spamming if the comment is relevant ( thats why blogs have comment boxes ), what is social media then? bookmarking and web2 stuff is "spamming" ina way - have you seen DIG recently :)

OP: your going down the right route but you just have to mix it up a bit. forum sigs are a good start and you dont have one, DP is a high PR site with authority.
    directories and search engine submissions are okay but very weak these days. If you going to add to directories then either use "roboform" or a cheap directory submitter.
    another way is to simply follow what your competition is doing on page one of google. go to yahoo and type in LINK:http://yourcompetition.com and go to the same links and see if you can leave a footprint or backlinks

Good luck on your site and just follow the good advice and you will get there

ronmac, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  7. monkeynuts84

monkeynuts84 Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF?! You're joking, right? Seriously, do you think Google, or any other search engine for that matter, finds your links as you post them? And as for a repetitive link building routine flagging your site in G's eyes - that's laughable.

monkeynuts84, Sep 10, 2010 IP
    Turkish likes this.
  8. timur1505

Best Answers:
    Your strategy is not natural.

You are making a pattern for Google to recognise, and believe me, they see it.

Monkeynuts, why do you dispute me? Do you think you can rank for a moderately competitive niche with this strategy?

A way that you can think of it is that you need to build trust to a page and by doing to same strategy every time, your trust becomes less, and less.

You are doing manipulate link building, and Google does not want that. Google wants you to produce great content where other people will link to your page, and that is natural link building.

Don't believe what I’m saying? Go and learn about manipulative link building, go and learn about authority, and go and learn about trust.

If it was so easy, then I could go and hire some link builders to do your strategy, and I will become number 1 for all my keywords eventually. Like I said Google is extremely sophisticated, and if you think that you have cracked there system by doing this basic method, then I’m afraid that you have a lot to learn.

timur1505, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  9. planto

planto Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    G do not check every website one by one. Just test your strategy and change if something is wrong.

planto, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  10. mazar

mazar Active Member

Best Answers:
    timur,i think you give g00gle abit more credit than it deserves,how do people using scrapebox & xrumer do so well,with 10`s of thousands of spammed links ? i bought a site from here within 10 days it was 1st page,how ? by following my competition, linking where they link by commenting where they comment. i think the op`s strategy is quite good,only 10 new links a day & with articles, although they say they dont have value anymore if you do a search on a subject articlebase or ezines will most likely show on 1st page if they have an article on it even above the site that submitted it,if thats your article then you have a page 1 link back to your site & how many sites are around for each given subject ? who knows,but if you totally relying on being in the top 10 of g00gle with no other source of traffic you could be waiting along time for visitors to your site

mazar, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  11. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You wasting your time doing 1) and 2)...

Codythebest, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  12. timur1505

Best Answers:
    they have automated filters in place.

I don't know why i bother. Good luck with your link building.

timur1505, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  13. soccerfriend

soccerfriend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can having too many links can be bad and hurt your SEO ?? really??

soccerfriend, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  14. timur1505

Best Answers:
    You think xrumer is successful? Please show me a site that is successful with xrumer alone. Scrapebox is good for finding certain kind of links that you can’t necessarily find elsewhere.

What were you first page for? A non searched for keyword? Well that is going to be very simple because you will not have any competition.

You are copying your competitor’s links? What happens when 10 of your competitors copy your links?

Your right, ezinearticles do show up on the first page of Google, because they have extremely high authority and trust, but like I said a link on ezinearticles is not going to do much for you because you are sharing your link with 100’s of their internal links.

The best advice I can give you is to find keywords that only have 5-10 searches a month, that way it will be easy to rank on the first page, and if you make 500 pages, thats a potential 5000 visitors to your site every month.

If you are going to rank for even moderately competitive keywords, then you need to do some learning.

You don't like my advice? You think i'm lying? why would i even bother lying. I was just trying to help you guys out as i have many years experience with search engines.

timur1505, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  15. ashu2982

ashu2982 Active Member

Best Answers:
    never heard about anything like this
    bt thanks will try to look after this

ashu2982, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  16. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you doubt this, then you really need to look at your own intelligence before questioning other peoples.
    Xrumer may not be ethical or whitehat, but if used well, it's all you need to rank well in a moderately competitive niche.

How do I know this? I used to work for the largest Xrumer Blasting company currently in business - and the results are fantastic if done correctly.

WebDev Solutions, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  17. deutsched

deutsched Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, this thread has turned into a dispute rather than anybody actually contributing anything to the op
    Here's my daily routine, it's not the best, but I don't have much time at hand:
    Make as much posts as possible on different forums having my signature showing a link to my site (usually that's just 30 posts or something)
    Make a few blog comments
    Submit my article to a few sites
    Just tell my friends about my site :)

deutsched, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  18. mikewoodard33

mikewoodard33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you write your own articles or do you pay someone to write them?

mikewoodard33, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  19. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    If blog commenting doesn't work, explain why it is that I rose in Google from ranking NOWHERE for my keyword to hitting 16th this week? I recently implemented blog commenting into my daily routine on well known blogs that have a lot of trust in the "Big G". And, this is a keyword with over 675 MILLION competing pages and 60,000+ searches each month.

I'm not saying that blog commenting alone is what gave me this boost, but I can sure as hell say that it helped. What comes down to it is building links over time and doing it consistently. If you plan on just "building content and waiting for people to find you", you're doing nothing more than wasting your time. Obviously, link building works. If it didn't, thousands of link building and SEO firms wouldn't exist - they wouldn't have any clientele. Nor would any clientele continue to return if the results weren't there.

Like I said, various link building strategies work. Simply keep your site updated with fresh content and continue to build links, and the traffic/rankings will follow. No one said it would be a piece of cake, and you do have to work hard in order to get the results you desire.

UltimateFreebies, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  20. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all the above strategies work ( but not alone ). we all know that directory submissions died sometime. Think its a case of mixing it up a little. while I own xrummer, senuke, scrapbox and MS etc. there is still something great about doing some of the jobs manually.

ronmac, Sep 12, 2010 IP