1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

young google adsense webmasters are they alloud?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Connections, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This bears repeating:
    If you are under 18 you cannot legally enter a contract in the US. Period. Google doesn't want you and Paypal doesn't want you because they stand to lose $$$$$ if you back out. If you are under 18 and want to join adsense or get a paypal account you need to have your parent or legal guardian sign the contract. It has to be someone who can take legal responsibility.

By signing up "on the sly" all you are doing is demonstrating that you are unwilling to follow the law in your business dealings. Why should I do any business with someone who knowingly falsely signs a contract.

Nonny, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    Put Perfectly.

Put Perfectly #2

check, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny that we're getting a bunch of kids on this thread talking about how "mature" they are, and how they can handle Adsense, and then I get this:

Plus a red rep, of course.

So can you guys tell me again how "mature" you guys are? LOL.

P.S. And I didn't even red anyone on this thread, too, which makes this even more hysterical. :D

jackburton2006, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well no, but then again, when my next door neighbor's daughter gets rape, it doesn't "hurt" me, either, but I know it's wrong.

5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not bad logic, dude, it's HUMAN NATURE.

6. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think a persons moral view on life has anything to do with this, I am a very moral person, I won't steal or scam people, I even felt guilty making a fake myspace account to use for advertising, so i gave up.

I have never stole in my life, I would never knowingly cheat anybody out of money, whether they were a friend or an enemy. I have dreamt of being in business since I was around 13-14, I used to think of business ideas, I just never had the resources like a credit card etc to be able to give business a go.

Now I'm older, do I see that it would have been silly to think I was mature enough to run a business? To think I could actually cope and play by the rules?

Actually no, I don't.

I would have loved to have been in business then, just as I love to now. I wasn't too young, kids should be able to have a go when they are young. I could have geared all my school life towards business (as I have done) but found out it wasn't for me, what do I do then. I could have got to 18, set-up a business and realised I didn't really know what to do.

It's a fact that you learn better when you are young.
    It's a fact you learn better by your own mistakes.
    It's a fact that business advances countries and strengthens economies.

So if you combine these three facts, you can see that 'teen tycoons' aren't a bad thing.

To be honest I think the people who oppose it are just against it because they didn't have that chance and because they don't like seeing someone younger and so called 'less mature' then them suceed as they do.

Nobody likes a kid that is 'too clever', just because they see them as a threat. Is it really so wrong that these young kids have ambition? I walk around everyday and I get annoyed at people who have no ambition. I see kids skipping school and doing nothing to substitute school in their life. I see these idiots who are happy to just go straight onto benefits to live their life. Every successful person have made the world advance and every successful person had ambitions. Why use laws to restrict the improvement of the world, why not use them for what they are meant for,

TO IMPROVE LIFE.

Just wondering,

How old do you think I am?
    Am I mature enough to be in business?

renteror, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Since I was a young tot, I have lived in a household where my parents owned their own business. So my entire life I have had the feeling of being self employed and enterprising, and I have always had (and made my own) opportunities for self employment. So I am certainly not resentful of "young" people who may have had any opportunity I never had. I have always been my own boss.

However, at the risk of having to repeat myself (ad nauseum), the objection I have is not with the enterprising spirit that young folks have, but with the self serving and irreverent disregard for rules and regulations. This is not the (flawed) foundation upon which you should be building your future business life. Period.

Vito

vito, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. renteror

renteror Peon

Best Answers:
    I always obey laws and rules that mean something, laws that really matter.

Google's rule on 18s is there too cover their ass, not to protect anybody.

If you are right and my foundation is flawed then I'm sure I'll be very sorry for it later in my life, but I think I'll take the risk and follow my head, I'm sure it is much more qualified on how I should live my life than you are.

EDIT: Also please dont tell me my opinion is "wrong, wrong, wrong", no opinion is wrong, and I'm suprised that such a 'mature' person has such an immature attitude like that

renteror, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. b2bideas

b2bideas Peon

Best Answers:
    So as a child, did you not work for your father's business? If you did, I hope he didn't violate labor laws by employing a minor illegaly.

I worked off the books for friends and family when I was younger to make a buck or two on the side and to help my household. Yeah, I didn't declare it on my taxes and I may not have been of legal age to work. Does that say bad things about my character? Am I a bad person because I defiantly chose to break US labor laws? I think you're being a little too dramatic. If you're young and can make money without hurting anyone, then I say all the best to you.

b2bideas, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  10. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How are you not understanding this? It is not just to "cover their ass". Google didn't arbitrarily choose the number 18. If you are under 18, you cannot legally enter a binding contract. If you are under 18 and sign a contract it can be voided and the person or company on the other side is essentially SOL. For example, if you run up a bunch of credit card charges, those charges can be voided without you (or anyone) having to pay them.

This IS a law that really matters. So what can you do?

• There are lots of business opportunities that don't involve lying about your age. Be creative and find one of them.

• Get your parent or guardian to create the Adsense or PayPal account. They will be responsible and legally liable for what is done with the account, of course.

• In some states you can become legally emancipated from your parents/guardians and gain the right to sign contracts. That can be done by a judge, or, in some states, by marriage or joining the military. If that is what you want to do, do it legally.

Please don't brush off entering a contract under false pretenses as "no big deal".

Nonny, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    jackburton2006 likes this.
  11. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    When you're 13, you can brush anything off as "You're just jealous, man!"

12. Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see nothing wrong with a mature 15+yr old joining adsense.
    But rules are rules!

Dominicc2003, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  13. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. Honestly, you should hang up the mouse and come back to debate this when you grow up. You're just embarrassing yourself with this type of comment. :rolleyes:

Vito

vito, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  14. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I got a neutral rep. What the hell does that do?

check, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  15. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the guy who gave it to you is Swiss? :D

16. b2bideas

b2bideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah you're right I'm turning red as I type this. And no thanks I've concluded that you're just an old narrow minded person.

b2bideas, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  17. yutewa00

yutewa00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up to adsense with my mothers name when I was 15. Im three years older now but still working on my mothers name .. :)

yutewa00, Oct 6, 2006 IP