1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

young google adsense webmasters are they alloud?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Connections, Oct 3, 2006.

1. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact that you cant see the bigger picture because your stubborn in your close minded thinking bubble leaves me with no energy to continue either.

It's clear how you see things, and since this argument isnt going to make anyone stop who is underage with will to succeed in adsense from signing up,

whats the point of arguing in the end :)

P.S: I decide my own path, so please spare me your shit talking on how things will turn out because of what i do. Your words are meaning-less and you are just ignorant since your clearly a confused person at such an age.

Cheers

INV, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with you INV, if he or she can figure out a way to sign up, he/she should be able to use it. The TOS says you must be 18 to sign up for legal reasons, you have to be 18 to sign up for anything now-a-days. They are just playing it safe and they should do that.

If the kid is trying to cheat, there is 98% chance he or she is going to get banned from Adsense.

The kids just want to earn some money with their website. It's great; they are learning to run a business, and learning about the internet and how many other things work, and that's a GOOD thing, no reason to get mad at that. I don't see any problems here.

check, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    I sense a bit of jealousy against young people using adsense. All the points made here can be applied to adults.

the only issue here is that they are not of age to use the adsense and if google thought it was a serious problem they would introduce an certification or varification system where you can and send by email , mail or fax a copy of your drivers license.

RNB80190610, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  4. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    That comment is so outrageous, it does not even deserve to be dignified with a response, but I will reply nonetheless.

I am far from jealous of any 13 year olds who feel that the way to embark on their path in the "business world" is to start straight away by breaking the rules and scoffing at company policies. Jealosy? More like pity. I have owned www.youngwebmasters.com for a few years now. I was inspired and encouraged to see so many young talented webmasters making their mark. Read the text on the site. Does that sound like someone who is jealous of young enterprising people? Or does it sound like someone who applauds and encourages early ambitions?

You're talking out of where you sit - your assessment of my thoughts is off by a country mile. I congratulate, admire and encourage young people to develop their web skills. But I deplore those who defiantly chose to do so by breaking rules at their own whim and discretion.

Clear?

Vito

vito, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  5. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. As long as they are doing something worthwhile and hopefuly white hat I say more power to them. Lets hope also the info is correct :p

visio, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  6. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    The comments are very valid and not one bit "OUTRAGEOUS"

I think they are doing a good job and will continue to do so. You might have some jeolousy yourself.

T-T That last comment might be more "outrageous"?

RNB80190610, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  7. anvesh

anvesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it hurting you?

anvesh, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  8. fendi

fendi Peon

Best Answers:
    are these young webmasters free from tax?

fendi, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  9. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not if they make teh big bucks $$$$$:p

visio, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  10. thejared

thejared Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been with adsense since I was 16 and I'm almost 18 now. I have a couple of big traffic sites that have paid my car insurance/gas/whatever almost all the way through high school.

thejared, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  11. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Their ass will be kick when their parent get their tax done

ahkip, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  12. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, excellent arguement, check! For instance, my 2-year old nephew just figured out that if he sticks a fork into the light socket, it makes cool lights. I guess I should let him do it, because after all, even though I'm an adult and I should know better, he did "figure out" how to insert the fork into the light socket so...

:rolleyes:

Ah, this takes me back to the days when I thought I was a kid who thought he knew everything, too, when the world was my oyster, as long as I reached for the stars, seize the day, go for broke, etc etc.

:D

jackburton2006, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh come now, ahkip, I'm sure EVERY 13-year old kid knows about taxes and junk. Right, guys? :D

jackburton2006, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  14. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    ...You guys still failed to answer the question that has been asked twice;

Is it hurting you?

Yes, the taxes are being paid by their parents.

check, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  15. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is hurting me.

When less-than-honest people clutter up the signup form in droves misrepresenting their age, when less-than-honest AS publishers try to cheat the system by fabricating false invalid clicks on their sites, when Google has to spend untold dollars policing the system for TOS infractions, Google then has no choice but to implement draconian and zero tolerance measures in order to "sweep up the dirt". This then affects "honest" publishers who actually think it is important to abide by the TOS, since some of them end up as collateral damage as the Google Police are forced to use a broad (and sometimes overly-broad) brush when filtering out the bad apples.

So yes, it does affect me.

And even if it didn't, is that your justification for breaking the rules? If it affects me? Pretty sad argument.

Vito

vito, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  16. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    And why do you automatically assume that they break the rules? Just because they are not old enough to 'legally' sign up for AdSense doesn't mean they break the rules.

There are people 18+ who do the EXACT same thing as you mentioned above. Why don't you complain about them?

check, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  17. svtmook

svtmook Peon

Best Answers:
    being a father of two, and seeing what's posted on forums on a daily basis, as well as what's on myspace, not to mention dateline (lol perv), i think it's safe to say that my kids will not be allowed to be on the internet without adult supervision until they are 16

svtmook, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  18. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    When I was 13-14 I was always trying to find ways to make money, online and offline. But it was difficult because I didn't have a credit card or know anything about tax and all that. I didn't want to scam anyone, I just wanted to be treated as a businessman.

I think age does play a part in how you conduct business, and probably of those earning money online the under 18's might tend to be less scrupulous towards the law then most. But labelling all young people scammers is just descrimination, and saying when I was that young I wasn't mature, and applying it to everyone is just bad logic.

Companies like Google have to have that policy because legally someone under 18 can't sign a contract. With my some of my sites I require age verification because I don't want to wind up in any legal trouble, but this doesn't mean I feel that young people should not use my site, I'm just covering my ass. I think Google would probably feel the same, though of course they could never admit it.

jaybong, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  19. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    didn't the rule said you can't sign up if you are under 18?:rolleyes:

ahkip, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  20. svtmook

svtmook Peon

Best Answers:
    /thread

lol

svtmook, Oct 4, 2006 IP