1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You think I am in Danger? o_o;

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Rey, May 31, 2005.

You see, yesterday I accidentally misclicked on my ad when I was changing its position. So I contacted Google about it... here's the problem.

On the first contact form, I included email of account which is no longer functioning... so I realized that I made a mistake and submitted another contact form with my current account email (of course, I did explain the reason for another form and such).

Today, I received an email from Adsense support... but it is on the first email (the one that no longer function) and not the 2nd one.

My question is... do you think I am in danger? What I am worried about is... Google will not know which account to check for the first email.

Rey, May 31, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is both account are in your name ?

If yes, then that may be a problem. Coz one account multiple sites is thier policy.

Tuning, May 31, 2005 IP
  3. Rey

Rey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah both accounts are mine, but I have contacted google about it. They are the one that told me to make a new account as I moved away to another country... so I created a new one and they closed my old acount (yeah they did it).

Rey, May 31, 2005 IP
  4. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Sell the farm and run for your life!

Seriously, I bet all is well and it will be ok. Let it be and be more careful is best now rather then continuing to contact them IMO.

noppid, May 31, 2005 IP
  5. Rey

Rey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heh ok, I will follow your advice... let's hope that I am not going to get that infamous "Ban for fraud clicks" email xD

Rey, May 31, 2005 IP
  6. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is no problem then. You wont be banned.

Cheers,
    Tuning

Tuning, May 31, 2005 IP
  7. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Its not that bad if you click on your own ad. Who says you cant be interested in a product affiliated with your information? Just make sure that when it happens, at least it gets a 100 more clicks from other random visitors, so that you dont make your own income.

Hell I wouldnt have emailed Google if I would have clicked my banners. Since DP is sharing the Adsense revenue, I might have clicked a few times on ads of myself...... Because I was interested.

Dirkjan, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  8. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the simple fact that you have emailed them will show that it was a genuine mistake. Contrary to popular opinion, I believe Google is run by humans, :eek: , who are sure to understand that these things occassionally happen.

Padawan, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  9. Rey

Rey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heh it means I shouldn't be worried at all since I got about 200+ clicks per day? Also, thanks guys for all the input... I can finally relax now xD

Rey, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  10. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started adsense around Christmas last year, since then I have clicked on my own ads 4 times or so, If I see an ad for something I am very interested in, I am going to check it out. I figure there are probably a million folks around the world running adsense now. It has to be monitored daily by software that must check ips' etc for fraudulant clicks. So a little amount of self clicks shouldnt get one banned, and espicaly the so called 'getting banned for one click'. I mean come on, that is nuts, if it's that easy to get banned it's not a program I wish to stay in anyway.

I do it for extra money, as well as 4 other net ventures I have, losing one wouldnt make me cry or worry, Id just start something else, remember the ol thing about: Multiple Income Streams....... One must always have the mindset that this program, or any internet venture we do, can get canceled or stopped at any time, or at least I should say, that is my thinking.

Cheerio...

bluegill_catcher, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  11. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Your odds of getting banned after one click are very low. Don't lose sleep over a few bad clicks. If google banned people for just a few mishap clicks there wouldn't be very many people in the adsense program.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  12. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Before I realised how serious the penalty could be for clicking on Adsense ads on my site I used to click on some of them to see what my competition was like....similar sites.... what I did notice is that I never got credited for those clicks anyway.

Cyclops, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  13. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    It may be true that one click won't cause a ban but the advise that if you see something you like, why not click on your own ads is bad.

Why even risk it? I understand an accidental click but I would be careful trying to play the "Im allowed to click once after every 200 game"

You may just find they let it go until you hit a $100 and then decide to withold your money.

Don't tempt fate, if you like something do a search on Google and click the ad there.

yfs1, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  14. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea, the best advice is just don't click.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  15. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best reasons not to ever click your own ads is to know, yourself, that you don't.

lingeriediva, Jun 1, 2005 IP