1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion You have posted!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Joshie, Oct 30, 2015.

I would like to suggest a feature for DP forum to have, a feature for the forums or inside topics to be exact and I think that it may be a useful feature. But for a suggest I think it'd be a great idea to have some way of letting us to know that we have posted in some threads before such as "you have posted in this thread" or similar so to let us know that we have already made a post in the thread because earlier today when I was looking at a topic that is over 50 or hundred(s) pages of replies but the title of the topic seems to be so strikingly familiar to me but I couldn't recall if I had made a post in that thread or not. I seems to made few mistakes of double posting in the same thread without me realizing that I have made a post in there before, maybe that is just me or this happens to some of others too but I'd like to have some way of letting me know that I have made a post in that thread so that I wouldn't make a post in the same thread that I have already made a post few days, weeks or months ago.

If there's already a feature for that, please point that out to me for me and I know you can find what threads you have posted in but if you have a lot of posts it may be time consuming to able to find the thread in your posting history to see if you have posted in that thread or not. And for someone like me, I am one of these who have some problem with keeping a track of things or memorizing some of the things.

Nonetheless I'd like to suggest that there should be "you have posted in this thread before" or similar right beside the title of the topic on the board before you go into the topic or adding an icon besides the topic's title that would let you know that you have already made a post in that thread before. Hope that you Shawn or somebody else will take this suggestion into consideration. Thanks!

Joshie, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Doubtful a feature like that would be added.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    dcristo, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It already does that.

If you look at the a forums list of threads, your avatar appears overlapping and to the bottom right of of the avatar of the thread starter if you posted in that thread. See attached.

Attached Files:

Agent000, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  4. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not exactly. That just tells you that you've posted in the thread.

dcristo, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that was what the OP was asking!

Agent000, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  6. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I could be wrong but I think he is trying to avoid making the same posts in threads he has already posted in.

But what you say would definitely help. He would know what threads he has participated in, and can browse through the thread to see what he posted, to not duplicate it.

dcristo, Oct 31, 2015 IP
    Joshie likes this.
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, as pointed out, your avatar icon does show it, but only when looking at a list of threads. And *indirectly* you can kind of see it inside the thread if you look at the option up top that has "Watch Thread" or "Unwatch Thread". I'd guess most people watch threads automatically that they have replied to, so it will say "Unwatch Thread" if you have posted in it.

Not really sure adding a "Hey, you have posted in this thread!" phrase at the top of going to much more useful and seems like it would only add clutter.

digitalpoint, Oct 31, 2015 IP
    Joshie likes this.
  8. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dcristo is correct, I was looking for to make sure that I don't post twice in a thread that I have already posted. Shawn I can see your point of making it clutter but an icon wouldn't take too much of a space though. Maybe a prompt? Or a warning text somewhere on the reply page or similar to let us know that we have made a post in there before? Just something that would let you know that you are posting in a thread that you have already posted in before.

Joshie, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    For most people / threads, this is a non problem, as there's a conversation going on, and you most likely WILL post more than once in the same thread.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 18, 2015 IP