1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by Chris Heald, Sep 23, 2015.

Just installed Better Analytics. Running WP 4.3.1 multisite. BA is configured, connected to my GA account. I can access all admin and settings pages. However I get the dreaded "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." anytime I try to access any of the Page Analytics pages. No other plugin on the site aside from BA generates this message. I tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin. I'm now at a loss. Any ideas?

Chris Heald, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you go to the Better Analytics Settings -> Advanced, double check that your user account "role" is allowed to view reports. By default it's just "Administrator", but you can add whatever role type needed there.

upload_2015-9-23_10-7-22.png

digitalpoint, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  3. Chris Heald

Chris Heald Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the lightning fast reply. I am logged in as administrator, and the Administrator role is in the list of allowed roles.

Attached Files:

4. Chris Heald

Chris Heald Peon

Best Answers:
    And I should mention, the problem is still there.

5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    From your screenshots, it looks like it would be setup correctly. The only thing I can think of is that with the multi-site version of WordPress, there are some extra roles... specifically there should be a role of "Super Admin" I believe. If your account is defined as a Super-Admin (higher than an Administrator, which is just for handling a single site), you would want to add "Super-Admin" to the roles that allow reporting.

Beyond that, what available roles show for you in the setting when you click into the field? I'm curious if you have some extra non-standard roles that might be in play here.

digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  6. Chris Heald

Chris Heald Peon

Best Answers:
    The administrator account is indeed a super-admin, and I can't select that role in the Better Analytics 'Roles Able To View Reports/Dashboard' selector - that option or value is not available to me. I attached a screenshot showing all the options that I have. I don't think we have any custom roles.

Attached Files:

Chris Heald, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So I did a little testing on a multi-site setup. Even though there is a Super-Admin role for multi-site setups, it's not an internal role (which is why it's not showing on the options as a selection... that selection just reads the available roles).

My multisite setup looks to be the same as yours... Super-Admin user, with the only reporting role allowed set to "Administrator", and for *me* it's working (both normal reporting and the per-page reporting).

Are you seeing the global reporting options in the normal navigation or just the Page Analytics in the top menu bar?

It's going to look something like this:

upload_2015-9-24_11-40-22.png

Also, I just thought of something... if you go to your Better Analytics settings and just hit "Save Changes" there (don't need to change any settings), does it fix it? I wonder if there's some weirdness with a multisite setup and never actually saving the settings for an individual site or something.

8. Chris Heald

Chris Heald Peon

Best Answers:
    Tried just saving, no change. Also configured Better Analytics in our second site (our multisite only has two sites), but that also didn't help.
    I don't see the reporting options in the normal navigation, I only see the Page Analytics in the top menu bar.
    I do see the Better Analytics graph in the dashboard.
    I made sure that any other analytics plugins were network disabled, and I have network deactivated and reactivated the BA plugin, still no change.

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly I'm not really sure what's going on. I've been testing it against a WordPress 4.3.0 (haven't updated to 4.3.1 yet) multisite install and I've been having no issues at all (everything working as expected). What version of WordPress are you using? I wonder if something weird is going on with a different version possibly.

I'm happy to go down the road of debugging this with you and figuring out what is going on, it's just a little difficult on my end since as I mentioned, I can't get it to *not* work as expected in my multisite setup.

Might be useful to start with a list of plugins you are running... maybe something (like a caching plugin maybe?) is doing something weird with how user permissions are stored/cached...

10. Chris Heald

Chris Heald Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your persistence! We're running Wordpress 4.3.1. The activated plugin list is a bit long...

Advanced Custom Fields
    Customise WordPress with powerful, professional and intuitive fields
    Version 4.4.3

Better Analytics, Version 1.1.1
    Adds Google Universal Analytics code to your WordPress site. Options to track most everything (social button interactions, advertising clicks, emails sent/opened, YouTube video engagement, custom dimension tracking of authors/categories, etc.) Integrates with API for reports/charts on dashboard, heat maps and real-time traffic tracking.
    Version 1.1.1

Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
    Adds a new "Visual Editor" widget type based on the native WordPress TinyMCE editor.
    Version 2.2.8

Chargify (Modified)
    Manage subscriptions to WordPress using the Chargify API
    Version 1.0

Code Embed,
    Allows you to embed code into your posts & pages
    Version 2.1.1

Contact Form 7
    Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.
    Version 4.3

MailChimp for WordPress Pro
    Pro version of MailChimp for WordPress. Adds various sign-up methods to your website.
    Version 2.7.17

MailChimp Sync
    Synchronize your WordPress Users with a MailChimp list.
    Version 1.1.3

mobble
    Conditional functions for detecting a variety of mobile devices and tablets. For example is_android(), is_ios(), is_iphone().
    Version 1.4

Network Username Restrictions Override
    Override some of the built-in restrictions in WordPress network usernames. Similar to the Blog Name Restrictions Override plugin.
    Version 1.2

PrimeTime WP Discourse SSO
    Single Sign on between WordPress and Discourse
    Version 0.2.3

Profile Builder Label Edit
    Edit all sorts of labels and texts inside Profile Builder 1.3
    Version 0.2

Profile Builder Pro
    Login, registration and edit profile shortcodes for the front-end. Also you can choose what fields should be displayed or add new (custom) ones both in the front-end and in the dashboard.
    Version 2.2.3

Raw HTML
    Lets you enter any HTML/JS/CSS in your posts without WP changing it, as well as disable automatic formatting on a per-post basis. Usage: Wrap your code in [raw]...[/raw] tags. To avoid problems, only edit posts that contain raw code in HTML mode. Upgrade to Pro to be able to use Visual editor on the same posts without it messing up the code.
    Version 1.4.15

Shortcode Exec PHP
    Execute arbitrary, reusable PHP code in posts, pages, comments, widgets and RSS feeds using shortcodes in a safe and easy way
    Version 1.5

Shortcodes Ultimate
    Supercharge your WordPress theme with mega pack of shortcodes
    Version 4.9.8.1

Simple Custom CSS
    The simple, solid way to add custom CSS to your WordPress website. Simple Custom CSS allows you to add your own styles or override the default CSS of a plugin or theme.
    Version 3.2

TinyMCE Advanced
    Enables advanced features and plugins in TinyMCE, the visual editor in WordPress.
    Version 4.2.5

Unconfirmed
    Allows admins on a WordPress Multisite network to manage unactivated users, by either activating them manually or resending the activation email.
    Version 1.2.7

UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore
    Backup and restore: take backups locally, or backup to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, (S)FTP, WebDAV & email, on automatic schedules.
    Version 2.11.9.20

W3 Total Cache
    The highest rated and most complete WordPress performance plugin. Dramatically improve the speed and user experience of your site. Add browser, page, object and database caching as well as minify and content delivery network (CDN) to WordPress.
    Version 0.9.4.1
    NOTE: ALL CACHING DISABLED EXCEPT FOR BROWSER CACHING

WordPress Importer
    Import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file.
    Version 0.6.1

WordPress Social Login
    Allow your visitors to comment and login with social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, Yahoo and more.
    Version 2.3.0

WP Crontrol
    WP Crontrol lets you view and control what's happening in the WP-Cron system.
    Version 1.2.3

WP-Discourse
    Use Discourse as a community engine for your WordPress blog
    Version 0.6.5

WP-Mail-SMTP
    Reconfigures the wp_mail() function to use SMTP instead of mail() and creates an options page to manage the settings.
    Version 0.9.5

Yoast SEO
    The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.
    Version 2.3.5

11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you by chance have a dev install of your setup? I'm curious if you have the option of trying to disable all other plugins just as a test to see if we can rule out another plugin interfering somehow?