1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

'You digg me, I digg you' clubs

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by slava75, Jul 13, 2006.

1. RuDeDoGg

RuDeDoGg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great points emil2k. I agree with everything you've said. I have worked really hard on coming up with good stories, and I've even gone as far as removing ALL adsense ads from my website, and I got 70 Diggs, but they buried the story :|

RuDeDoGg, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  2. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes no matter how good your story is, if one stupid digghead makes a comment like "oh this is lame or this is not true - no digg" then all other diggheads will bury the story without even reading it. Digg is just a mess.

Oh and for making these comments on this forum, digg had banned my sig URL! Now you tell me why they did that??? There is no democracy here.

cmorley, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  3. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Diggheads...haha, it's catching on, I'm a trendsetter :D

emil2k, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  4. wormy

wormy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify, its just the "shill diggers" that get banned right? If I made a digg post to try and plug my site they wouldnt care unless it looked like I had 20 people working with me bumping the digg?

wormy, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  5. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, your probably already on the que to get banned after that post there...

No some regular diggers got banned for no reason...too bad they can't ban the correct people...im digging as we speak...lol... :D ... and im like on diggs most wanted they blocked my ip from even viewing any page on their site...

emil2k, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  6. wormy

wormy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I am sure they are banning for a reason. Although they probably have the wrong reason 90% of the time due to incompetence?

wormy, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people at digg are downright nasty, rude and ignorant. Common courtesy seems to not exist and its hard to see something with that sort of userbase continuing to be a success.

mad4, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Except they are banning by IP, not user so for every person banned fairly, a few others also get the axe.

They also banned a lot of people for digging peoples entries from this forum (and a list of other forums) even if they had nothing to do with it or didn't know them.

My take now is although I think the whole thing is ridiculous, it's their site and they can do whatever they want...I just know I won't support them anymore (Not because I was banned (I still have an active account) but because I think the whole Digg thing is stupid)

yfs1, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Treat it like the search engines, do what you have to do ... but don't overadvertise how you do it ;)

Blogmaster, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  10. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:

I think this is awesome. I don't like the fact that a lot of people are trying to exploit the Digg system and I'm glad to see Digg cracking down on it.

NoobieDoobieDo, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  11. qrisp

qrisp Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, my first time using digg - I posted a story about a 'revolutionary' MMOFPS gaming - which got about 400 diggs.

Then, a few weeks ago - I posted an article about the politics behind 'SEO' which, personally, I thought was great.
    Guess what, it got 2 diggs!

I would say, the successful articles are the ones who cater to the core digg population.

qrisp, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  12. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly my point...They aren't just cracking down on people that "abuse" it.

Bahhhh...Who even cares anymore. They want to protect their inner circle that Diggs each others posts without even reading them and thats their right. I stopped going their for cool technology stuff a long time ago

yfs1, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  14. yfs1

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  16. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Of course it is...Digg always encouraged you to ask your visitors to Digg your story. Most of my diggs were submitted by people that didn't even know me, just liked the story.

Then the inner circle over there decided to speak up to protect their own interests and got them to ban anyone who ever asked their visitors to "Digg the Story if Its Cool".

It is a strange coincidence that they banned so many people for asking their visitors to Digg them then come out with their own method the next day and endorse it :rolleyes:

yfs1, Jul 24, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  17. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but thats something that digg can control. :)

Imagine what happens when sites like gizmodo and cnet start adding the API digg thing to their pages - nobody else will get a look in.

The stupid thing is that for the API to work the story has to already be listed on digg so the site owner has to submit the newly written story to digg before adding the API, which is 'spamming' according to digg.

How on earth can you use the API if submitting your own stories is frowned upon? Are you supposed to eagerly wait until somebody else diggs the story and then quickly add the API?

mad4, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    It should also be noted that I went through the thread here where people were asking for DIGGS and as far as I can see only 1 made the front page (and to be honest it was a good one). That is like a .05% success rate.

That is hardly going to bring Digg to its knees or hurt user experience :rolleyes:

yfs1, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  19. sandossu

sandossu Guest

Best Answers:
    Told ya i`m going to revenge. I`m back with exactly 20 accounts. now where do i find a digg exchange club so i can get on the first page? :D

If i get mad i`m going to make 100 more accounts :D

sandossu, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  20. cenkbut

cenkbut Peon

Best Answers:
    cenkbut, Nov 27, 2006 IP