1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yoast SEO keyword selection

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nokiasony.com, Nov 16, 2015.

1. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Come on man! It's just where I explained it was. I checked the demo since you provided the theme you're using.
    Again in the dashboard it's under "Pages" scroll down to "Front Page" click edit, scroll down to Yoast settings, complete and update. Send email for screen shots, I'm not resizing them to post here.

kjh-08, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  2. Lucy Barret

Lucy Barret Member

Best Answers:
    You can add keywords for whom you want to rank with your "About Us" page. Don't use same keywords for every page, because every page should have their own goal (Ranking wise). Hopefully that will help for you.

Lucy Barret, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  3. Nokiasony.com

Nokiasony.com Member

Best Answers:
    I do not have the option 'front page' in the pages section. Nor do I have any posts. In the 'reading' section my front page is set as 'latest posts'. Not sure if that's relevant. I'd appreciate any further suggestions please.

Nokiasony.com, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're going to make me go bald. I signed up for a demo site of the Zerif lite theme you say you're using. The demo even had Yoast installed. If you don't have a "Front Page" page listed within the "Pages" section then you either deleted it/renamed it or have done some customization to the theme.
    PM me your email address for the screen shots I took of it the other day.

kjh-08, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  5. Nokiasony.com

Nokiasony.com Member

Best Answers:
    I've looked at the demo myself too and can see that there is a page called "front page" but if you open it you can see that it's an empty page so it doesn't look like that's the home page. Is it possible that I just can't SEO the home page??

Nokiasony.com, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  6. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no clue what you've done with your site. Just keep looking or hire someone to figure it out for you. You need to know where the Homepage is incase you ever need to make edits/updates to it.

kjh-08, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It could be that you added a page to use as the "front page" but you've added no content to the page, hence you see a blank home page.

dcristo, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  8. Nokiasony.com

Nokiasony.com Member

Best Answers:
    Its not about making changes. I can already make changes to the homepage by going to theme then customise. Its just the fact the I can't SEO it.

Dcristo - I was taking about the theme demo not my site.

Nokiasony.com, Nov 21, 2015 IP