1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yiepie $2000/month for the first time!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by footballboy, May 1, 2007.

1. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    why do you believe only one or two websites can get visitors?

don't you know football has millions of fans around the world? tens of millions? maybe hundreds of millions? why do you insist on goal.com and such? why do you think he "beated" goal.com or soccernet? 6000 visitors daily is not that much , especially considering a subject as popular as football.

patataur, May 4, 2007 IP
  2. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    because he said he have niche content. What i am asking is, what kind of content?

football has millions of fans around the world, but not many people asking for news in internet. Most fans read newspapers. Except when big events like World Cup. Football websites can get so many visitors during World Cup. I just want to know what kind of niche. Because if he tried to beat goal.com, soccernet.com, etc. that would be hard. You must online to update livescores(you know how many matches in europe every weeks? Serie A, La Liga, Champions League, premiership, etc.), update every page 2-3x daily, etc. That's hard compared to another subject. EXCEPT you have niche content. But what I want to know is, what kind of niche? He didn't answered me..

wokaka, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. ed146

ed146 Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep up the good work. For some reason Adsense just doenst do it for me. =(

ed146, May 4, 2007 IP
  4. saharatp

saharatp Peon

Best Answers:
    well done mate this is a good job

saharatp, May 4, 2007 IP
  5. spidro

spidro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats :D

spidro, May 4, 2007 IP
  6. monad

monad Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats for your work

monad, May 5, 2007 IP
  7. MRA

MRA Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats !
    Good luck in the future!

MRA, May 5, 2007 IP
  8. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats man, I wish i was on that level

KingNomar, May 5, 2007 IP
  9. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't know but I think he is not telling the real truth.

1. He talk about a football website. A football website usually only tell us about latest news or profiles and history of any teams or sell any shirts or forums. Look at the competitions. Even website like goal.com and soccernet already have team profiles, history, and updated their websites very2 often everyday. So what kind of niche? Only a team or player profile? When I asked in PM, he didn't replied me(but he replied in this thread)...what's wrong? Just tell me what kind of niche because in football/soccer it is very hard to found niche, because big websites have all the stories.
    2. How can he got 6,000 visitors daily? What i know, most football fans read newspapers, not go to internet searching for news. Except in world cup event.
    3. If he got loyal visitors, why those visitors would want to click the adsense everytime they go to his website? What I know is 90% of internet users already knew about adsense so they will not want to click your adsense ads. If you talk about weight loss or money making, maybe your visitors would like to click your adsense because it maybe contain something about what they need. But football? Do you think every football fans want to search about news or team/player profiles from 2-3 websites? They will not click your ads, for what reason?

wokaka, May 5, 2007 IP
  10. footballboy

footballboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear you don't believe me wokaka.
    However I understand that sometimes people are a bit suspicious of thread, hey sometimes I am as well.
    However, the purpose of this thread was to share with other webmasters what techniques worked for me.
    As nobody wants to be accused of being a lyer, please find below my comments to your statements. Feel free to respond, I love a good conversation.

I have found a niche that delivers this kind of money. I'm happy to share what worked for me to help starting webmasters, but sharing a niche is not something a lot of successful webmasters will do.

Sorry, I don't have time to reply to every single PM or spend 30 min on IM as you asked. I gathered all the questions and shared the answers with everybody in the thread as this is the most effective way to use my limited time on DP - I hope you understand...

check out keywords for football on google trends and you will a lot of fans look for football info on line - http://www.google.com/trends

my visitors don't click my adds every time CTR is between 2%-5% which is actually quite low

This would mean there is no point putting adds on myspace - although Google pays them $900 million

There is more to football than just profiles...

footballboy, May 5, 2007 IP
  11. footballboy

footballboy Peon

Best Answers:

CTR: between 2%-5%
    pageviews per user: between 5.5-7.5
    stickyness: not measured

12. footballboy

footballboy Peon

Best Answers:
    have a full time job and a full time girlfriend ;-)
    My secret - I don't watch TV.

13. sakib000

sakib000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    <LOL> oh I just quit DP for few days from now </LOL>

sakib000, May 5, 2007 IP
  14. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm...you worked very hard on your website eh? Then from what you got news about football?

one more, from the start, you must send lot of backlinks. Do you pay for all of them?

anyway about google trends, in 2007 seems low about football

edit: i really appreciated you won't tell about your niche. I knew the reasons. But now, if your CTR only 5% max, then your adsense must be expensive per click.

If you don't want to tell me your niche, it's ok. But can I ask, where did you advertise your websites? Where did you put your links? Second, do you think posts in football/soccer forums is good?

wokaka, May 6, 2007 IP
  15. footballboy

footballboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not pay for any backlinks

no it's not less than $0.1 but a with over 1500 clicks a day it adds up

Advertised it by joining top 100 lists

I never did it, however a lot of my visitors post my sites in forums and they do deliver a lot of traffic, so I think it's a good idea

footballboy, May 6, 2007 IP
  16. Sharky01276

Sharky01276 Peon

Best Answers:
    You obviously work hard i wish i had the motivation to work on my site as much as you have yourself! I get bored very easily i guess my passion is not there for my site as much as it should be :(

Sharky01276, May 6, 2007 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wokoka, you must realise not all succesful adsensers will give the exact niche of their site. If they do, it will just attract competition. They may tell you the genral theme of the site without going into the specifics. I too was wondering what kind of site it was, whether it was ageneral football site like Goal.com, as you refer to.

qwestcommunications, May 6, 2007 IP
  18. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    ok2. Sorry anyway. :D

one more question, footballboy if i may. :p

the top 100 lists, do you mean link exchanges, search engines, or what kind of "lists"?

wokaka, May 7, 2007 IP
  19. footballboy

footballboy Peon

Best Answers:
    A few more questions I received via PM:
    What do you mean by:
    - make it as easy as possible for users to add content (leave comments etc.) Is that just an email address? or like a forum section.

A forum is great, but you need a critical mass of users to get it off the ground, so for beginning sites, I would not recommend it.

What worked really well for me, is comments sections under articles, etc. If you pitch it correctly and make it easy for users (no login etc) than users will leave comments which generates the type of content updates google loves.

- submit my site to top 100 lists What are these? Can I have some examples.
    These are basically traffic exchange sites like http://footyrefugees.itopsites.com/

Thanks

footballboy, May 7, 2007 IP
  20. brox4motto

brox4motto Peon

Best Answers:
    $2000/mo is pretty nice money but I think you can do better than that.

brox4motto, May 7, 2007 IP