1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yet Another Horrible VPS Hosting Company!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by HypertextFever, Oct 28, 2008.

It's been awhile since I dealt with a horrible hosting company (See: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=363996), since I've been so happy with HostGator's shared plans :D

However, I ran into a wall with their shared hosting that I need not be there (64MB PHP Memory Hard-Limit). Aaaaanyway, it was time to once again go look for a nice cheap VPS (the "cheap" being my usual mistake).

I signed up a gogax.com about two days ago with their $49 VDS and it's just been a mess. I got totally suckered in by all the jolly promises on the website, etc. etc.

The truth is, there is little to no support, and I'm fairly certain the company is run by one guy. But the problem isn't that I need support, I can handle a web server just fine... I just need the f server to be ONLINE! It was down for 3 hours today, which totally breaks the 99.99% uptime guarantee lol.

There were many red flags, and it's my own fault for getting snagged by this company's lure.

So just a heads up, gogax.com? NO! At least not for any hosting solutions that are at all important to you.

On a more positive note, I just checked out softlayer.com. They had chat available at 9pm... CHAT!

I was helped immediately, and the competent rep. answered the few questions I had, and even gave me a promo code for $40/mo. OFF!

So yeah, I just placed my order. About 10 seconds after I placed the order (remember it's about 10:30pm now), I got a call verifying my order. My server will be ready in 2-4 hours. It was a killer deal too, and I have a much better feeling about this company. :)

HypertextFever, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  2. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well yea, many people fall prey to cheap deals that offer too much for the price, only to switch to reliable and practical deals.

agnivo007, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  3. Belome

Belome Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything is better than buyavps.com/, who never even gave me my log in details after payment, and never once responded to emails. Stay away from them for sure.

Belome, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  4. IAMJos3

IAMJos3 Guest

Best Answers:
    It's always better to pay a little extra to get noticed.

IAMJos3, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  5. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are soo many people that fall into these hosts plans and it is just upsetting to lose a client to a company whom we know may not look after them that well.

Gate.com and Hostgator, and Bluehost are the ones that i personally dislike, but since it all seems well with your Hostgator service, i shall drop them from my do not like list.

I have been online for many years now and have been with various website hosting companies; Now i have my own and i trust it very much, Customer service is good and everything runs smoothly.

Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Have a great week,
    ~ Mike

ms2134, Oct 29, 2008 IP