1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yet another Freelancer.com scam

Discussion in 'Programming' started by James Jasper, Aug 3, 2013.

1. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is so racist.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

monkeye, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  2. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To OP, don't want to be rude, but, it doesn't matter where you hire your guys, one thing has to be made first before you go ahead is to check their past performance and this Monitrix has funny reviews, I would say that 2/3 of them are just fake and are made by same jobs providers. I have had many job request on Freelancer and Never, I mean, Never had any trouble finding the good people for the good jobs and if I find someone harassing me then I just block that person, just that should have ring the bell.

I understand the job has not been done as per your request and glad you got your money back but at the end, you can blame yourself for all those hassles as you should have filter freelancers first

IG2010, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  3. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i can from first hand experience tell you that freelancer.com is becoming a shit place to find developers. Alot of scammers and when it comes to Indians it is mostly correct.

I have lost about 3000 usd to Indian dishonest bastards, once they get some money they just don't give a shit about doing a good job and its a never ending back and forth with them.
    My suggestion is to NEVER give advance payment whatsoever to any Indian until you get the work as agreed upon, that's the best way to deal with them.

Your best chance is to deal with eastern European developers, they at least seem to be a lot more honest about work and price and deliver what they promise,and have some ethics as well.

Never trust a Indian developer, until you have done a few projects (no advance payments) first. Once trust is established then you can do small advance payments

Anyone saying otherwise don't know what they are talking about

Regards
    BN

Bashir Naimy, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    HomeBlogger likes this.
  4. Emberrx

Emberrx Member

Best Answers:
    Hi James I am glad your experience is over with. I have delt with a few bad experiences from freelancer myself and will never use them again. I even had to threaten with my firm to file a lawsuit after I got tooken for almost 900 dollars on there. anyways I am glad your situation is settled :)

Emberrx, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  5. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    xrvel, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  6. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yet that for you own experience, sorry but I cannot say so as I only had succesful deals and job on freelancer

IG2010, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the best people I've had work for me are Indians. Some of the worst were Americans. You just have to pick them carefully. It's not a race issue.

NetStar, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  8. pictureboarduk

pictureboarduk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First problem looks like a permissions issue.

pictureboarduk, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  9. James Jasper

James Jasper Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are being rather judgemental. Monitrix didnt have so many bad reviews when I employed them - maybe one that gave them less than 5 stars for service etc. It looks like they are getting a lot more bad reviews lately - I am not the only one they have scammed with less-than-quoted service. So when you looked at their profile, you're seeing more recent reviews for them which werent there when I hired them... I did filter and Monitrix were the best of the lot with the most positive reviews at the time when I hired them - they had the highest completion rate, highest satisfaction with their service. Obviously things have changed in the months since I hired them which is why you are judging it was my fault.

Err, I dont agree that Indians are bad (and Monitrix was Indian I think) - it's just a game of chance and I definitely wont be using Freelancer again. Their CEO finally got in touch with my and partner and refunded all the money, including the fees paid, so that was a good outcome, albeit very irritating and frustrating at the time. Now we have to do it all ourselves, the work that is.

Looking at other people's experiences here, looks like I am not the only one had a bad experience with Freelancer. Not sure I want to experience anything at other sites either. Bit too burnt by this experience.

James Jasper, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  10. trustjon

trustjon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a confusion. You say that Monitrix has been scamming is freelancer but I can see that he as a rating of 4.8/5 which is very good.
    I am not aware of any such way to scam people and maintain that good rating.

You say that this person is winning projects and then hiring someone on freelancer to do the same (which is the reason freelancer is supporting him to get more money). But I can see that his employer profile is not created. Even if he is using a different employer profile I don't see how freelancer will know that and support him, so your notion that freelancer supports him for money is wrong.

I have seen people who are never happy with the work the developer do. I hope you are not one of them. Actually the scammers among the employers are also increasing these days (I know you are not a scammer). Freelancer might have given a preference to that person over you as he has a good reputation on freelancer and I am guessing that you are new there. Moreover you where not constant on what you need. Sometimes you say you will give $50 and sometime you say you need full refund.

If its OK then I want to see the work that was done for you and fix it and you don't have to pay me anything (but first give me the details (freelancer link) of the work and how much you paid for it as this will decide if you paid the developer well to do a good job).

I hate to see someone blaming 'Indians' rather than the person involved. I have some free time today, so if you want it get fixed then let me know now.

Thanks.

================================
    Edit: Seems you got it resolved when I was typing the reply. Anyways, better luck this time to get a good developer.

trustjon, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  11. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    taking excuses that others have also been scammed is not a valid excuse, it doesn't matter, you have failed to do your searches before employing someone, freelancer or not, you just have to accept that YOU have made a wrong judgement, always saying that other people scam is just being lame.

Over dozens of jobs requested on Freelancer I have never had a single problem, making sure those I employ are :
    1: genuine people who will do the job themselves
    2. definitly not the cheapest and it looks like Monitrix is always bidding very low.

You have choose to go for cheap stuff, you get cheap sutff

IG2010, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  12. James Jasper

James Jasper Peon

Best Answers:
    Who said anything about excuses except for you? Are you always this rude and judgemental to everyone, or is it just this thread?

Anyway, Monitrix was not the cheapest so again your judgement is incorrect but dont let the truth stop your ranting and getting in the way of your judgemental posts. As I stated already, this freelancer is now bidding even lower to get more jobs. Your experience (and you are trying really hard to convince everyone of this "fact") was one experience and not one experienced by everyone, so dont try to tell me I have no clue because mate, you are the one with no clue.

I have seen countless posts on countless blogs and sites about people being scammed on Freelancer by either their freelancers not doing the job properly or employers scamming the freelancers.

James Jasper, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  13. James Jasper

James Jasper Peon

Best Answers:
    This isnt resolved. My partner and I will do the coding ourselves when we get the time to learn modify the PHP. We're not using any outsourcing sites again. But, if we do use anyone, it will be local developers that we can see face to face.

James Jasper, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  14. harmonyinfotech

harmonyinfotech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every outsourcing site has some good things and bad things. I believe vworker.com (earlier known as rentacoder.com) had a really good system of arbitration wherein both the parties had an option to go for arbitration incase of any issues. Freelancer.com doesn't generally care much once the project gets rolling and they get their fees unless someone makes much noise about the issues. Also the milestone based payment and the dispute resolution on freelancer is kinda confusing. I have had several clients (who were new on the freelancer) releasing the milestone payment when we just ask them to fund it only at the beginning of the project. Good to know that you have got your money back.

harmonyinfotech, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  15. Kristopher Y.

Kristopher Y. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Bashir,

I am Kristopher from Freelancer.com. I understand that you are upset about your experiences with certain freelancers you have hired through Freelancer.com.

I want to make sure that any concerns you have experienced gets resolved. Feel free to send me a direct email to so that we can work things out together.

I look forward to receiving your response soon.

Kristopher Y., Nov 19, 2013 IP
  16. Kristopher Y.

Kristopher Y. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Emberrx,

I am Kristopher from Freelancer.com. I understand that you are upset about your recent experiences with using our site, Freelancer.com.

I want to look into your account and identify how this happened and what we can do to resolve this issue for you as well as prevent this from happening to other users. Send me a direct email to and I will personally look into this for you.

Thanks and looking forward to your response soon.

Kristopher Y., Nov 19, 2013 IP
  17. lucil

lucil Peon

Best Answers:
    freelancer .com is a scam site yesterday freelancer cut down my money from my account around $520

lucil, May 21, 2014 IP