1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yet another Forum Comparison - help/ suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by scorpio84, Jun 29, 2009.

Hi all

Last such topic was way back in 08 so I chose to start a new one for help and suggestions wrt my particular needs. Only free forums :)

- going through all previous threads/ info on net i believe that myBB is top rated right now.
    - Now wrt to my needs:
    - I want to have something very user friendly i.e. very simple registration etc. All forum registration somehow - i find a turnoff
    - decently looking theme

- Mods/ plugins:
    - Easy thread start, may be at the top of teh forum u have input box where you can select the forum and start your thread (optional)
    - rate the post
    - or/ and beast answer
    - always shows present top answer at top (optional)
    - page creation easy (if possible)
    - thread rating (optional)
    - point systems for invitation
    - point system for answers
    - bbpress has 'best answer' thing and its forum registration also look neat but still I didn't find it in a production ready stage
    - some free yahoo answer clone anyone is aware of. I couldn't find anything though
    - every forum other than bbpress look a bit heavy...!! something lightweight

I need to start with the basic structure asap and for now am thinking of mybb but still anyone with any suggestions..!!

TIA

scorpio84, Jun 29, 2009 IP