1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yes, you should all be ashamed

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Colleen, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    pze let dis thread turn in to another wacko thread!!! :D Would posting pictures help??!! :D

pze have compassion for da n00bies!!! :D:D

Nintendo, Aug 25, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You never answered all the questions the last time you posted them yesterday :p

BTW, I thought in that thread that the pic of your mother was your sister and your sister was a niece or nephew or something.

It made more sense later.

Ninno - Does anyone else in your family have autism (I think thats what you have, but I can't remember 100%)?

yfs1, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  3. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    I'm da only one!!! :D:D

bah!!! Age waz da only question any humanoid dared ask!!! :D:D

Nintendo, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  4. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    And you ask everyone's age on the admission form for some Wacko Uni you rule at! :p

SEO Guru, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I prove that point well each and every day. :p

GRIM, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  6. Genocide

Genocide Guest

Best Answers:
    You are totally right. It happenned to me. I mean we are here to learn not to get made fun of.

Genocide, Aug 25, 2006 IP
    roadies likes this.
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Definitely, Nintendo, definitely. Lots of pictures.
    :cool: :eek:

mcfox, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I will throw my two cents in having never seen this thread before.. I will even reference back to the original point.

My biggest problem is when a new person comes here and posts something stupid and then compounds it with a thread asking/complaining about getting red reputation, is that it is a clear indicator they did not do any lurking.

I am a big proponent of feeling out an online community through observation first. Every community is unique, and some are extremely quirky. So by taking some time to actually read threads and posts get a feel for how things flow, how people behave, what is acceptable and what is not, when you actual do start posting, you will not come across as a stumbling fool.

Can I demand or implore people to do this? Of course not, but it doesn't change my opinion that is how people should behave. Even moreso in a community as large and established as the one here at Digital Point.

I have NO sympathy for anyone who starts a thread complaining about getting red or asking why the got it. It is clear to me they don't care about the forums or anything else and are just jerking around. Just spending a couple days browsing and reading would "educmicate" some of them beyond their wildest dreams. It is not always necessary to be the one talking. You can sit back, watch and observe.

The attitude is part of the forums by the way. It can be a trial by fire for some, and does sort out some others. To be honest, there are plenty of Webmaster forums out there, and if you are into baking cookies, sewing doilies and singing Kumbaya, then maybe Digital Point is not the right atmosphere.

Why should someone be treated with respect as a newcomer when they show complete disrespect for the community by not even spending any time reading threads and learning about the community before sticking their keyboard and mouse in their mouth.

aeiouy, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  9. tarjan

tarjan Banned

Best Answers:

if every body is thinking like you then there will no change to have such a nice community as DP .... :p

tarjan, Aug 26, 2006 IP
    phd likes this.
  10. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know exactly what you mean! All i did was post a lame ass thread making fun of people and for some reason i received an infraction, my thread was closed and i got unsigned red reps - I really can't understand it?!?!
    :D

jkomp, Aug 26, 2006 IP