1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yes, you should all be ashamed

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Colleen, Apr 16, 2006.

Note: this message applies to those who do the following.

One nice day a visitor comes to Digital Point and signs up. They're now a new member of this forum. Everything's fine BUT lo and behold they ask the wrong question somewhere, or say something COMPLETELY normal, which some assclown doesn't like, well let's give them some red rep for it.

New member, not knowing what he did wrong, makes a thread to ask about it. What happens? Other member who should be welcoming, red rep him.

That's stupid. You school yard bullies should be ashamed! I don't know what kind of example you think you are setting, I don't know what your goal is and I don't know why you are such assholes, I guess you were dropped on your head or something.

Treat people with respect. It's bad enough the stupid rep system is abused.

Fryman: Not this shit again or whatever you say. How do you think some of us feel to get rude, derogatory comments in our rep? Maybe you, who's sucked up to and feared, God knows why, doesn't know what it's like cause he doesn't get them or maybe you just don't care. Sorry we're not all like you!

No it doesn't mean the person needs help. Do you even know how many Americans are proven to be suffering from depression? Do you know how many get up and try to have a good day and a shitty comment like that can possibly ruin that?

Then you have your cronies who think it's so funny and post the picture for you. Don't you all realize you're attacking an innocent person!

The real jerk is the one going around giving red and saying stupid crap in the rep comments, and then the even bigger jerks are DP's very own school yard bullies.

Come put up your hands bullies, I know damn well it's some of you whom are very respected and looked up to, or who have #,### amount of posts.

You should all be ashamed.

How many good people are here who have to go around with toilet paper cleaning up your shit? I can only give good rep back to so many people.

Also, I think Shawn does enough here as it is, I think the higher ranks should have a little more respect for the little guy, with all this shit going around, this place is starting to stink. What a way to thank Shawn. WONDERFUL!

Oh and you can all play follow the STINKY shitty leader and bad mouth me, you can red rep me, do whatever you want.

I will defend innocent people. I will not stand for giving red for no reason. It makes me sick. Can't even make a thread about it, well you know what I say to that, too bad. Stop red repping for no reason then people will have nothing to YART about.

I think you all just like it, little power trip for you, would be funny to see you survive without a little anonymous rep function, I bet that would ruin your day.

Colleen, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    Deano, ResaleBroker, Kaediem and 53 others like this.
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I agree here. I normally try to help out people thats new that ask the common wierd questions just to see my post followed by hate posts.

Well unless its a spammer than I wont be nice. :)

aaron_nimocks, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    GRIM, SubmitShop and ebk like this.
  3. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry guys, the only red I'd get from this is from senior members. It's funny how people you know so long treat you like crap and the new people are nice.

Roman, this doesn't take a bad mood to post, it's a fact and I am not afraid to say it and I don't follow a leader, I am my own leader.

Thanks for the green, not required but nice of you all nonetheless.

Colleen, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    NRLMedia and DPTony like this.
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Props for having by far the biggest balls on DP C...:D..

GRIM, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    JohnScott and Colleen like this.
  5. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    I know, it was the funniest thing I could come up with, being sober and all;)

Roman, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    GRIM, Colleen and joeychgo like this.
  6. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you Colleen! Shawn should get the message that anonymity is grounds for uncontrolled hatred and abuse!

DomainMaster, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  7. Colleen

Best Answers:
    When you have to be afraid to venture into a subforum here about a topic you don't know a lot about because if you ask a question to LEARN you will get red, I'd say it's gone too far and it has.

Colleen, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  8. Kaediem

Kaediem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great Post! I've been given red rep for asking a question which a dp member figured I should have googled.... I'm glad I wasn't new at the time - probably would have sent me cowering to a corner! This should be a sticky!

Lisa

Kaediem, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  9. Colleen

Best Answers:
    They should suggest Google, no reason to red you too on top of not being more helpful.

Colleen, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  10. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Or if they still wanted to try to be funny and help you out some at the same time they could have suggested you searched for it on Yahoo. :)

aaron_nimocks, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Sucked up to? Hmmm... colleen, you know me well enough to realize that I really don't care about what people think about me, including you, of course.

Sorry to see you getting up the wrong side of the bed, or maybe you just need to go visit this site...

I am just sick of seeing people crying like babies about their rep... who gives a shit about it? If you get so messed up because of a comment some stranger makes on a forum then you really have some serious issues

fryman, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you're so sick of it why are you drawn to it like a moth to a light?..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GRIM, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Since this is really a YART ... here it is...

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

fryman, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    dfsweb likes this.
  14. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Fryman, no one said you care what people think.

I don't need to be in a bad mood to state what's going on here and clearly, you instigate a lot of it. If that's how you deal with things, just say people have serious issues then sweep it under the carpet, that's your choice.

It still does not deal with the issue at hand.

And thanks for showing you're a sexist pig. Good to know. Miserable f**k.

Good point.

So far Fryman, you're the only one complaining, I think your ego is too big for your reality.

Colleen, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Wow, you are a really classy lady :D

Whatever, Colleen. You made your point. If that is how you think, I respect that.

fryman, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    Blitz likes this.
  16. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    Quote of the month^

Fryman, most of us don't give a shit but I think it's fair to know who red reps you. I like your creativity and sense of humor but some people are sensitive. If you don't care then why do you reply to every YART?

DomainMaster, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker and saadahmed007 like this.
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it works for him instead of visiting this site ?

:D

GRIM, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    DomainMaster and Fahd like this.
  18. Colleen

Best Answers:
    The last thing anyone is getting out of me is class. People are being treated like shit and no one says a word, it's gone on long enough. I will say what I think, I will phrase it however I like.

You're not very "classy" yourself.

Colleen, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  19. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Hmm.... I don't see why you people take it so seriously. I have just been posting the picture as a humorous way of saying "geez, again this same old stuff?"

I have ALWAYS said that rep shouldn't be taken as a life or death matter. Some people just seem to be willing to jump of a bridge when they get red repped. Don't take it so seriously, guys! Ask Shoemoney, he had loads of red rep when he got here, and now people think he is a moderator.

fryman, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  20. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its taken seriously by many because it is simply childish as hell to run around "repping" people simply because it makes you feel like a tough guy even though it is done in complete secrecy.

Glad to see somebody actually bring this up around here as it is nothing but a childish game for a few egomaniacs.

SportsOutlaw, Apr 16, 2006 IP
    GRIM and ebk like this.