1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yell free listing messed up my position. Anyone else had this?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by charlesrr, Jan 31, 2018.

Hi all. Anyone had any problem with Yell.com and their keyword position? One of my sites has been at position 12 on google for a particular keyword for a month with no change. I got there with on-site optimisations (started at position 96). I'm doing it very slowly and keeping a diary of how each change affects the position.

I decided it had stabilised and so it was time to try adding to directories. I added my listing to yell.com first and the position has dropped to 25. It has been there a few days now and doesn't seem to be moving. My next port of call was to remove the listing again to see if it's really that, but before I do, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and have any tips.

For reference, the keyword contains the city, and the address I've entered on yell has that city in (same address as on the website and "google my business").

Not sure if it's possible to hide a free listing on yell. They've been calling me every day for a few days now and leaving me messages so I can probably find out if I answer the phone to them :D

Cheers for any hints.

charlesrr, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  2. jennypitula

jennypitula Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After adding your site in yell your ranking has become down. I can suggest you in this case you take more time and watch as it is not like that by doing in Yell your website position will be decreased. In the mean time check your all on page functionalities, if everything is perfect then start doing quality backlinks.

jennypitula, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your biggest problem is likely to be that their site outranks yours and you lose control of how your site is presented.

sarahk, Jan 31, 2018 IP