1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo's improved performance :)

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by hans, Apr 5, 2004.

2 things i noticed these past days

1. until a week or so Y had plenty of old pages that are down since 2-3 years still in their db

now since a few days all these 404 pages are out and db apparently cleaned up.
    as a result many pages jump up in their rank - way up !

2. the Y FREE page submit
    a page submitted on april 2nd
    appeared in Y db on april 5th
    at the very same time as in G !

while slurp is slow in crawling an entire site - and even slower in cleaning up 404s my experience:
    only approx one full run per months per site ( my site ) - as opposed to approx 3 full runs from G ..

at least now new page submissions appepar lightening fast :) at Yahoo !

hans, Apr 5, 2004 IP
  2. leo

leo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, observed the same: two of my most competitive keywords come out among top 10 since this week. Apparently, something has changed completely. :D

leo
    Personal Coaching

leo, Apr 6, 2004 IP
  3. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am seeing about the same amount of traffic for my sites from Google and Yahoo.
    I checked my keywords on Yahoo and can't find it in the top 50 listing. Don't know where my Yahoo traffic is coming from.

eCommando, May 14, 2004 IP
  4. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Check your log files. You might be getting hits from search phrases you never thought of. And that might spawn some ideas for some new pages. :)

dazzlindonna, May 14, 2004 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am lost with Yahoo, I can't seem to make sense of its ranking like I can with google.

Our sites rank from #4 to #10 for keywords that rank #1 to #3 in google.

found out something different with yahoo than that of google. Try a phrase like hole in one - google says it ignores 'in' but give a bit different results if you don't use the word. But on yahoo it seems to actually give very good results when leaving out the word 'in' compared to with 'in'

debunked, May 18, 2004 IP
  6. aab

aab Peon

Best Answers:
    my personal experience with yahoo seems good at first...my site ranked well on competitive keywords in a very short time. my site is practally new and ranked well in 3 weeks. at Google, there is no ranking yet.- will need to wait till my sites are out from "sandbox" effect.

the bad side is yahoo now simply dropped my site. my site ranks nowhere in yahoo result..

can't understand at all. either yahoo has a bug to penalized a site or my sites aer over optimized......

totally lost here, the only change i made is adding images on the front page.. no other changes are made....

can't understand why yahoo dropped my site completely.

anyone experienced the same? any inputs are highly appreciated.

jim

aab, May 19, 2004 IP
  7. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    I noticed the changes with yahoo, but they still have such a long way to go..

disgust, Jun 1, 2004 IP