1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo's Advertising Program...

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by harris5998, Apr 17, 2006.

How is Yahoo's advertising program? Better than Google's? Not as good? Same?

harris5998, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  2. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use both and I am in awe of what Google does at times and don't mind the occasional roller coaster when they make changes to their system like adding minimum bid, smart pricing, etc.

Yahoo on the other hand has some poor design features in their backend and are slow and inconsistent in approving ads. I added 23 keywords two days ago. Ten got approved several hours later, 6 got denied yesterday, and 7 got denied today. I only used the 23 they suggested I use. When I get their denial emails a quote comes to mind from Napolean Dynamite: "Idiots!". I don't know why they aren't more competitive with Google on systems and responsiveness.

I will still use Yahoo just because it does supply some traffic but they are a distant and fading second in my mind.

tbarr60, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  3. quamism

quamism Active Member

Best Answers:
    Edited. thought the discussion was on YPN.

quamism, Apr 19, 2006 IP