1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoomail vs. Gmail

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by icebreaker, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Alex Lawford

Alex Lawford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer Yahoo, as from there I am able to import my Facebook contacts straight into my email contacts very easily. I find this very beneficial for keeping contact with possible clients over email.

Alex Lawford, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  2. VAKTA MONDAL

VAKTA MONDAL Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer gmail mostly to use for my personal needs.

VAKTA MONDAL, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  3. asantha

asantha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why i don't like Yahoo::::: I have to see their home page and other crap,, gmail just email thats it

asantha, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  4. Esfera singh

Esfera singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    G mail is better than Yahoo mail. G mail is easy and received the mail instantly.

Esfera singh, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  5. cmthompson22

cmthompson22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used gmail for the most part, but I do have some experience with yahoo and it was not bad. The first email I ever had was with yahoo and it was not bad, but I do feel like gmail is the better out of the two. Yahoo used to be better, but I don’t know what happened. They seem to get a lot of spam and started to send some of my normal emails to the spam folder. Maybe I needed t change something in my setting, but I had to go through hundreds of emails all the time on yahoo.

I first switched over to Hotmail or the outlook, whatever it is called now. I did this mostly because it was used for school so I just tried it out. I found it hard to use and kind of a pain and almost went back to using yahoo again.

When I switched over to gmail, I felt it was the better choice. I like that it is easy to use and that it looks nice. It also prevents a lot of spam as well. I found that after like six months of not looking at my spam folder, there were still only a few emails in there. I have also had to use the Google Drive stuff a few times with some of my business ventures and this is a nice way to do things. Having the two combined makes things easier as well.

I think it is a matter of opinion with what you would like to do with the email. But I prefer to use gmail for most of my work.

cmthompson22, Aug 2, 2015 IP
  6. footyT

footyT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know Gmail is better, but I use ymail... no idea why, it's not great! I guess I just can't be bothered swapping all of my contacts over? :/

footyT, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  7. joice33

joice33 Banned

Best Answers:
    I like to go with gmail.

joice33, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  8. dragansk

dragansk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using both email services. The both are the best for me :)

dragansk, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  9. WritingConsultation

WritingConsultation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use both but I would say Gmail is best!

WritingConsultation, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  10. web_fan

web_fan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like Gmail more

web_fan, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's a problem with gmail that it automatically "stops" some emails, specially if its from a website. Although this is good to keep spam away, but sometimes I miss important emails like "signup confirmations" etc. This has happened many times. I had to re-register on the website using a different mydomain.com emailID.
    The email just vanishes. It's not in spam or inbox. That is probably how they keep the size of spam on check.
    Also I think they autoDelete emails in spam after 90 days or so. So if I don't login for 100 days, all emails that were in spam are gone. I can't review them. I might be wrong about this, but I think I read a message on gmail which said something like this.

Sure, I use their service, but they should not decide which emails I should see and which I should not.

If they think an email is suspicious, put it in spam. Don't just block it completely...

I like the free POP3 service though. That is the reason why I use gmail, otherwise I might have gone with rediffmail, not yahoo for sure. Yahoo is too cluttered.
    If yahoo starts free pop3, I'll surely switch to yahoo. No doubt.
    I think yahoo is doing a better job at the backend, but the presentation...

JEET, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  12. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh BTW, I also don't like "suspicious activity in your account" emails gmail sends me every now and then. I think thats just a way to grab the users phone number.
    I generally use outlook (pop3) to access gmail, but I login to their website sometimes. Each time I do this, I get the suspicious activity email because their "super intelligent" system thinks that someone else has accessed my account.
    My old man uses only gmail website and he kept getting these stupid emails until he gave them his phone number. Makes you think...

You gave me a password, and a support team. If I think that there has been suspicious activity, I'd report it. I don't like my service provider getting too nose poky, and too personal... But thats just me.

I know google team reads this forum, and please don't block my website (in signature) from your search results for posting this. You have already done enough to me... :D :) :p

JEET, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  13. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be incredibly worried about those emails. I have never given them my 'phone number, and I never get "suspicious activity" emails. I'm guessing someone is trying to hack your account!

ecchi, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  14. hafilali

hafilali Member

Best Answers:
    both are good but gmail is better than yahoo.

hafilali, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  15. Zorka.Network

Zorka.Network Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Gmail. I use it more than for 5 years.

Zorka.Network, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  16. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Gmail!

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  17. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Man, this is like asking Bing vs Google search.

Nothing compares to Gmail - it's simply amazing!

Matthew Sayle, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  18. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    Feel sorry for us poor folks who signed up for Hotmail (Microsoft) years and years ago, before it got to be total rubbish, and now can't change because everyone has that address and getting their fairly computer iliterate family to change an email address in their contacts is close to impossible!

ecchi, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  19. glasseslit

glasseslit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I only use gmail!

glasseslit, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  20. Mehak Dhiman

Mehak Dhiman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer gmail. because it is best if you do not check your id long time or it storage is also better than yahoo.

Mehak Dhiman, Nov 17, 2015 IP