1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! webhosting is down again. This morning I happened to wake up early...

Discussion in 'Outages' started by vitalbusiness, Sep 29, 2010.

I am on the easy coast, I tried to view my site http://fastjobhunt.com (it's still down as of 9:30 am) at 5 am this morning it was down. It is 9:30 it is still down. I can log into my account, I can see the files, but there's somewhere a disconnect between my files and their STUPID server!

Yahoo!, why is this happening? Throughout a week you have the worst downtimes out of all webhosting providers. I understand 10-15 minutes. 4 HOURS!???? You must be kidding.

Is anyone from Yahoo! watching these posts? Your service SUCKS!!!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    vitalbusiness, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  2. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    By they way, do not PM me with your hosting services, I do not care about that. I am just trying to get the Yahoo!'s reps attention to their sucky service.

3. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I just called the Yahoo! webhosting hot line. An automated voicemail with a slight accent (you can guess what accent it was) told me that "they are experiencing a problem where some customers cannot view their websites on the web" - or something similar to that. Really, Yahoo!? You've just found out it has been your problem? How about the last several years that it HAS BEEN your problem! Get my website going you lousy business people!

4. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    And trust me, Yahoo! Smallbusiness, I am NOT going to leave this alone. Every single day that your server is down, I am going to post it here. Enough is enough! You WILL improve your service. I am not paying your for nothing. The last time I checked, I still live in the US. I am your customer, please, treat me with respect. And by that I mean do your best to provide me with quality services - because I pay you my hard earned $$.

5. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    It's 6:30 ET (Next day). Can't get connected to my site again. This is what the message on Chrome says: "This webpage is not available. The webpage at http://fastjobhunt.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. More information on this error"

Yahoo you suck! My site didn't move anywhere.

vitalbusiness, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  6. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    9:30 am ET 9/30/2010 another hiccup from Yahoo. I can't view my site.

Thank you Yahoo!

7. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    9:45 the site isn't loading again.

Yahoo! what is going on? Is this a joke?

8. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guess it's time to switch to a new host.

locomotion, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  9. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is I don't want to. Some months the site runs just fine. But then they have days and weeks where it's nothing but frustration. I've been using Yahoo small business since 5-6 years ago.

10. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    The nightmare continues guys. This is Oct. 1. From 7:45 am until now (8:21) the website has been either down or slow to load.

What THE HELL is going? I've never had these issues before.

So frustrating.

vitalbusiness, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  11. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    That's it. Bye Yahoo! I am switching webhosting providers.

vitalbusiness, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  12. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    It's October, 5 around 10:36 am (ET). My site is down again. Man, Yahoo you rock! I am speaking sarcastically if you didn't notice!

vitalbusiness, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  13. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problems occur, things go wrong, and not everything can be 100% perfect 100% of the time. The best measure of how good your host REALLY is how they react when things go tits up. When servers are up and everything is working it's easy. When it goes wrong you want to see fast response times, good communcation, and fast fixes. Sometime a fix can only be temporary with a more permanent solution following on quickly, but your host should keep you updated. Sound like your experience has given you a better insight into how they operate their hosting.

RonBrown, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  14. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    From 7:15 until now, which 8:05 my site has been up and down (this is October, 6).

Ron, I agree nothing is perfect but... Let's say Honda began making cars that break down left and right. Or SONY TVs started having a picture quality that totally sucks - do you think anybody would say "Oh, well, nothing is perfect."? No customers would be upset. You would hear it on all kinds of media outlets. How come a big company like Yahoo provides such a poor webhosting service and there's no way to complain about it? They do not have any boards where you can post your complains or concerns. Yes, you can call their customer service support line - but what's the use? What, a service rep is going to go and fix the problem? No.

They need to either hire a new tech support team or change their servers. Cuz, one or the other constantly fails the customers.

vitalbusiness, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  15. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo small business has not given me any issues in the last few days. So that's a plus. But I am still watching them. Will DEFINITELY post again if any outages occur.

vitalbusiness, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  16. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't suggesting that it's OK when things go wrong. What I was trying to say is that while we all accept that things can't be perfect all of the time, how the company deals with you when things DO go wrong is a much better indicator of how good the company is than when things are going well.

In your example about Honda, if the car broke down it would be a disappointment, but if they helped you out, gave excellent customer service during your breakdown, looked after you, and fixed your problem you would be happy. If they ignored you, gave you poor service, and we're unhelpful then you would have every right to be annoyed.

I can't comment specifically on why Yahoo does what it does because I don't know, but I think that when things aren't going well you are getting a much better indication of how good Yahoo's customer REALLY service is. As I said before, it's easy when things are going well. It's not so easy to provide a good experience when things are going wrong.

RonBrown, Oct 19, 2010 IP