1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo vs. Google vs. MSN

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by frank712, Jun 14, 2007.

I have tried all three and I find that Yahoo is the most cost effective while Google has more click potential but a higher cost, especially with minimum bids.

I tried MSN for a brief time period and didn't like the setup.

What are your experiences?

frank712, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. Spartan1594

Spartan1594 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I liked ad words lots of good clicks and I like the way they rewarded you wilth a good position for little cost when you have a good ctr. But I was suspended but I don't want to get into that. So I would have to say I enjoyed google adwords. But Im going to try yahoo. Now you said that yahoo is priced well but you get fewer clicks then others?

Spartan1594, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love Yahoo Panama. I don't like the style of Adwords where they'll ask you to bid at least $5 to display the ad???? improved landing page....ad texts and eveything but still they will ask you to bid such amts. no way.

As of now, i am concentrating on optimizing my yahoo acct, they don't take as much money as adword does!

TatiAnA, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. kelsheikh

kelsheikh Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Yahoo. Google gets out of control and MSN just sucks. Yahoo seems much cheaper and targeted. It also doesnt deal with misspellings and plurals like Google. So your keyword will show or wont, leaving you with total control. Where as in Google, a term can be picked up for the most rediculous search and you have to deal with negative matching all the time.

kelsheikh, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. sircarrot

sircarrot Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Thanks, this is good information.. perhaps I'll try an emphasis on Yahoo, with Google AdWords as a smaller portion. And I think I might not even bother with MSN.

Yesterday, their 'Advertise With Us' link wouldn't even work..

sircarrot, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  6. kingjacob

kingjacob Peon

Best Answers:
    Google drives me the most traffic but when Im targeting an older demographic I usually spend some money on msn.

kingjacob, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  7. kampbell411

kampbell411 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is by far the best. Even though it doesnt have realtime reporting like Google, the targeting and spending is easier to manage.

kampbell411, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  8. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, if only they would provide bigger numbers in traffic...

sellingonline, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  9. Shineysmile1

Shineysmile1 Peon

Best Answers:
    But Google is the best evan though it is very costly it is very productive also and yahoo is on number two and MSN is very hard to use and have no more customers for us

Shineysmile1, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  10. Talk_Guru

Talk_Guru Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, I am going to try Yahoo this week - will let you know what I think about it. I really though Yahoo drives a way less traffic than Google, but with so many positive reflections I am sure to try it.

Talk_Guru, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  11. YahooPete

YahooPete Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there “kampbell411,”

Thanks for all the feedback and your comment “Yahoo! is by far the best.” We like hearing that!

Regarding your comment on “real time reporting,” I want to let you know that clicks and impressions are usually reflected in our reports within one to two hours.

We just posted an article about downloading reports on our Yahoo! Search Marketing Blog: http://www.ysmblog.com/blog/2007/07/19/making-the-grade/

As always, you can post on this forum or private message me if you have any questions.

Hope this helps,

YahooPete

YahooPete, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  12. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey yahoopete, i sent you a PM :)

TatiAnA, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  13. mirturk

mirturk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see many people are satisfied with Yahoo but we couldn't use yahoo so Yahoo must to open to all countries.

mirturk, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  14. ebyun84

ebyun84 Peon

Best Answers:
    AdWords is definitely the best for driving traffic and YSM is very cost effective. Not to mention that they are both extremely user friendly, unlike MSN Ad Center. I say, use all three platforms.

ebyun84, Jul 25, 2007 IP