1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Update

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by seoindia, Jun 23, 2005.

1. themetalpeddler

themetalpeddler Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure whether or not I should be relieved reading this - at least I'm not alone. Most of my KW have suddenly dropped from page 1 SERPs in Yahoo to NA. Started dropping a few days ago, and today even more are N/A.
    I'm not in the co-op thing and Yahoo only shows about 250 - 300 backlinks for me so I am sure it can't be anything to do with that :confused:

themetalpeddler, Jul 10, 2005 IP
  2. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    My previously screwed website with 2,000,000 links in Yahoo is now ranking again for it's index page.

On the other hand the other domain which I pointed 80k weight at is now off the Yahoo serps.

spdude, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  3. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    that is very interesting spdude. You are the first I've heard that has been put back into the SERPs after being knocked out. My sites still do not rank for the domain name. The index does show up under the site: command but they are no longer indexing the site and it has slowly dropped from 2000 pages indexed to just 84 now.

SEOGuru, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  4. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want to manually check my links in Yahoo using linkdomain it would be linkdomain:www.shariahpro***gram.ca (remove the ***)

It's now ranking number 3 for "Learn Arabic", and number one for "Learn Arabic Online", the way it was before I got knocked off.

Strangely, only my index page shows up for these main keywords of mine. All my inside pages which I had set up for Adsense etc. are still no where to be found in the serps.

spdude, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  5. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    Your index page ranks under the term "shariahprogram"

Did it always rank under that term?

That is what I mean by not ranking under your domain. I still have pages indexed and hundreds of thousands of links but when I search for my actual domain (no spaces) it doesn't show up in any of the 50 pages.

SEOGuru, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  6. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Nope... this just happened yesterday night. Before yesterday night for the last month or so I also wasn't ranking for the domain name.

spdude, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  7. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you make any changes to the site? Has the number of indexed pages or links changed? Did you resubmit the site for review? Sorry for all of the questions but I trying to figure out how you got back in if you had a judgement against your site.

I got an email from them saying that I can submit my site for rereview but only once. And though they did confirm a judgement against my site was there, they didn't want what it was they had a problem with.

SEOGuru, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  8. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    In terms of number of links.. I guess I lowered it down a bit and removed a few site-wides... but overall no major changes to number of indexed pages. Links are still very high.. only a few PR8 site-wides I was paying for have been removed. Never attempted to resubmit to Yahoo or anything of that sort.

The site still isn't ranking for any internal pages (which were bringing the bulk of the traffic and earnings anyway). It's only the index page which seems to be back to what it was before last month's update.

Also, that page I pointed the 80k weight to recently is gone off the map completely.

spdude, Jul 15, 2005 IP