1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo update?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Web Gazelle, Jun 6, 2005.

1. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    Gazelle, Ive been in and out of the yahoo listings for the past 5 days. It seems that they really tracked down the correct backlinks for everyone during this update.

phoenixcarpet, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  2. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    Just "dropped out" of Yahoo myself, for ALL of the keywords I'm tracking on the DP keyword tracker...

Still returns over 29,000 pages indexed, 114,000 link and 150,000 linkdomain.

But my site is nowhere to be found in the Yahoo SERPS, even for non-competitive keywords I've had the #1 spot for the last 2-3 years..

No special changes to my site the last few weeks either. :confused:

I'm hoping this is just a temporary "glitch", so I wont start to panic yet (maybe tomorrow or monday).. :)

Redleg, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    no significant movement on Yahoo for me.

nevetS, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  4. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Wow,

Let's hope its a temporary glitch. I ran the keyword checker yesterday and was ranking well for most of the list.

The # of indexed pages is up.

My sites that have dropped out are all in the coop. Wonder if its related?

-jay

[​IMG]

classifieds, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  5. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I dropped huge in Yahoo yesterday. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

Infiniterb, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  6. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Have you made any site changes?

I'm looking for explanations other than the coop :confused: I just moved to a new dedicated host/IP 10 days ago and I'm wondering if that might related?

Fortunately I don't get a lot of traffic from Yahoo but it is disconcerting to see it happening.

classifieds, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  7. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just using co-op. No real changes made to the pages I was tracking.

Infiniterb, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  8. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Exact same scenario here

tried to upload a screenshot of dp kw tracker, it looks like the other one posted

Got this error, dunno if it helps Shawn.

Basically all my terms on yahoo have gone. I'm back to seeing what I saw prior to using the coop. Not blaming the coop yet....but I've got some coop only advertising. And they've gone.

SERPalert, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  9. Svato

Svato Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen the same pattern for all my coop sites as well. Jumping up and down in SEPRS by huge numbers in Yahoo on a daily basis... That's why I've been switching all my sites to link-vault one-by-one. So far it seems to be working, but it takes a while to fix, as I have several thousand rotating links from coop, and link-vault takes time, the new permanent links come slowly, but steadily (which is how it should be done).

Google seems to like coop so far, but I think it's too risky and I think it's a matter of time before they drop the value of rotating link... Too bad coop guys don't care about this and don't implement any static link scripts here.

Svato, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I lost a lot of traffic from yahoo today (nearly all). More than half of my pages dropped from top rankings.

Could be that they have some problems with their servers and that everthing is going back to normal again.

For the last three days the mailservers didn't function properly. I couldn't login for three days. Today I can login, but lost my good ranking for most of the pages.
    As for the last 6 hours no traffic from Yahoo at all.

Arnie, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  11. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are some changes going on, not an update I think. Before I was listed at the directory and now I'm out of there.

Following a message

IMPORTANT NEWS! Yahoo! Express has become Yahoo! Directory Submit. All of the program features will remain the same, however, some URLs and email addresses are being updated to reflect the new name. The old URLs and email addresses will also continue to work for a period of time. If you have questions or concerns about this change, please see the Help pages.

the price is $ 299.00 per year which is quite hefty.

Arnie, Jun 11, 2005 IP