1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! Update: Email Service Shutdown

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Godskid, Aug 16, 2013.

I got this piece of info a few weeks back and decided to share.

Yahoo is cleaning out any @Yahoo.com emails that have not been logged into for at least a year. They have stated this could be as many as 2 billion email accounts. This sounds unreal but when you consider you can buy 50k yahoo email/passwords from some sites for $500 its not rocket science to see

This means something to everyone. Follow me here for a sec.

1. The first and most obvious reason – if you don’t login to your account you are about to lose it.
    2. This is for email list owner. Its time to scrub big time any yahoo users off your list that have not opened or clicked on a email in the last couple months. Now you should be doing this anyway but the reason this is important for email list owners is because Yahoo is freeing up the account and if someone new claims it and they get your email… well its going to b marked as spam. And if someone doesn’t get it then its going to bounce. Either way its a no win situation. Just call your account manager at a weber, contact or whatever service you are using and I am sure they will do this for you.
    3. Now something that everyone should find interesting is where the last one left off. Yahoo is releasing these domains.. That means things like , , or whatever badass vanity email you wanted can now be yours.
    Anyway today is the day!!! As you can see this effects everyone so make sure you take action. A whole lot of people are already taping into this opportunity and I don't think its late for you to do the same.

Cheers!

Godskid, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo is entitled to do this. If you haven't logged in for a year, you probably don't need that email address lol. :)

danasurvey, Aug 17, 2013 IP