1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Sponsored Search - Minimum Budget

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by websiteideas, Mar 27, 2006.

I was going to sign up for this, but I noticed that there is a minimum $1.00 a day budget. Does this mean that every day you will be deducted this amount whether you use that much or not?

websiteideas, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  2. debare

debare Peon

Best Answers:
    At the end of the month, if you have used less than $30 worth of PPC advertising, they will bill for the difference. It's a bogus policy, since Google doesn't have any minimums. But I guess it's Yahoo/Overture's heavy-handed way of keeping its advertisers active.

debare, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  3. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, I don't really like that policy, but from a business standpoint I suppose it makes sense and it seems to be working for Yahoo quite well.

websiteideas, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. maildeepak

maildeepak Peon

Best Answers:
    hey...where did u find about this min. budget...

i thought they had no min. since they had dropped the 30$ min. spending req.

and as of now they have not done any deductions...mayb you are checking up an old issue...

kindly update me on this..

regards,
    deepak.c

maildeepak, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  5. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    Perhaps something has changed since I tried this on March 27th? Anyone with more information please share.

websiteideas, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  6. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think having that minimum payment budget thing is that good.

I use Adwords and I want to spend lots and lots of money. The more the better, but I just can't.

I have tried them and I am just getting no ad pageviews or clicks. My sites market is very competitive which means that everyone is bidding high for the keywords.

I can't bid to high or I will make a loss so I have to bid as high as what I can afford and hope that I can get some traffic from it.

I am bidding $1.50 on CPM and I have not even had a page impression yet. I have waited for 2 weeks now.

How much must I bid $10 or more CPM. If so then I will loose out without a doubt.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  7. Bonsai_Ryan

Bonsai_Ryan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo doesn't bill you at the end of the month, they just bill you when your account goes below an estimated three days worth of click charges. Once the estimated days left goes below 3 they bill you a pre-determined amount (min. $30).

John, it sounds like you need to find some cheaper keywords that still fit your product. Stay away from general keywords and work towards more specific keywords that still describe the product you are offering. You will have to come up with more keywords this way as usually each one has only a small number of clicks, but it will save you in the long run. P.S. Why are you running CPM instead of CPC?

Bonsai_Ryan, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  8. Lotus9

Lotus9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo search adverts are weird to me...it seems like my money just vaporizes in like no time...compared to Google where it seems like $30 lasts for many days, I don't know. can't figure it out.

Lotus9, May 3, 2006 IP
  9. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    Lotus, I've only begun to try it myself but I have this same sort of feeling and it's hard to even understand how it all works. The interface is difficult for me to follow.

websiteideas, May 13, 2006 IP