1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Slurp For China

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Las Vegas Homes, Apr 4, 2006.

Ok maybe I havent seen this yet but when did Yahoo's slurp start spidering for China? I found this in my bots file.

Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp China; Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp China; http://misc.yahoo.com.cn/help.html)

I dont believe I have ever noticed this before, has anyone else?

Las Vegas Homes, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  2. Sarangan

Sarangan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the yahoo`s search engine bot from chine or something like that..

Sarangan, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  3. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I've seen it on my sites too.....Not sure why a bot from China is wanting English language sites?

Maybe it's another way of farming out all the jobs to the Far east area etc to save money....bit like when you call the bank and get someone a million miles away?? !!!!

Ian

ian_ok, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I could be wrong, but Yahoo have a China-Government friendly version of their SE (as do google)... so maybe it's just the Bot Yahoo uses for spidering sites to index in the China-Government 'compliant' version.

ryan_uk, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  5. eKstreme

eKstreme Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been seeing it for a while now. Not sure how it picked up my English-only site. I did get a few Chinese websites linking to mine though, so maybe that's what got it all perked up?

eKstreme, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  6. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    This is the samething I was wondering I only thought Google had a Gov Friendly SE for China. Could Yahoo be trying to tell us something. Maybe they are in the works of launching a SE in China as well.

Las Vegas Homes, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is very friendly with the Chinese goverment. They know where the money is and where the big growth rate is... China! India and China are markets to aim for. Maybe wealthy Chinese will want to buy properties in Las Vegas sometime soon, mate. :)

ryan_uk, Apr 4, 2006 IP