1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo search marketing

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by candle21428, Dec 12, 2006.

Hi there,

This is my first time using Yahoo to advetise and I am wondering why the traffic from Yahoo! is so low (a lot less than the traffic from Msn). The funny thing is, when I try to search my keywords on yahoo, there is no ads showing up (no ads at all from me or other competitors).

I am wondering if I did something wrong or there is something going wrong within Yahoo!

Any help would appreciate.

candle21428, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  2. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the keywords but Yahoo usually has more traffic than MSN. The fact that no ads are showing up is confusing. Can you give us one keyword that you are bidding on? Do you have any geo-targeting filters on?

transburgh, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  3. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Yahoo! has a lot less traffic than Google, so naturally YSM won't give you as much traffic as Adwords. But as far as MSN having more traffic...? If all other factors are the same (# of ads placed, # of keywords, etc.), MSN will have much less traffic than Y.

Also, you should be able to find your ads immediately. (make sure they have been approved first...it takes days sometimes for approval).

flip, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  4. AZhitman

AZhitman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use it, and so far so good.

YSM's customer service is WAY better than AdWords. Call 'em up - you'll see.

AZhitman, Dec 21, 2006 IP