1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! Search Marketing for UK Market

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by krush, Jul 11, 2006.

Hi,

I've been a Google AdWords user for over a year now and I've noticed that some of my competitors are using Yahoo! Search Marketing as well.

I'm based in the UK, and aim my products at the UK market.

Would you say it is worthwhile me signing up for YSM?

Does anyone know what sort of search engine share they have compared to the giants Google (I've found Google AdWords very successful btw.)

The UK version costs £60 and there is a minimum bid requirement of £0.10 per click-through :confused:

krush, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  2. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to hitwise (http://weblogs.hitwise.com/heather-hopkins/2006/06/msn_and_yahoo_search_tied_for.html), Yahoo only has about 7% of the UK search market.

YSM is still providing sponsored listings to MSN as well in the UK though until their own adCenter system comes out of Beta here, so for the time being that's another 7% of the market also.

I do use YSM myself in the UK, but it can be a bit of a pain in the a**e! The interface is a lot less user friendly than adWords, and the hoops they make you go through to get your keywords past the editorial review are RIDICULOUS.

On the plus side though, because of this, the competition is a lot less for competitive keywords, and I find that YSM converts a bit better than adWords too.

If you don't mind waiting a while, then YSM are due to roll out a completely redesigned model in the autumn, with a new user interface, and new bidding & ad placement rules, similar to adWords.

Dan, Jul 11, 2006 IP