1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Search Marketing first before Google?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by ruth.mendez, Jul 27, 2010.

I've been into SEO for quite some time now, Is there a difference between traffics of Yahoo and Google? In search marketing, I believe that you should use Google as your barometer for Search Marketing Efforts, convinced?

ruth.mendez, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  2. cbridge

cbridge Peon

Best Answers:
    This is excellent, Google is the king when it come to traffic drives, Google have a wide visibility as compared to Yahoo, though many says yahoo delivers quality it cannot support traffic drives achieved when promoting using Google.
    Google delivers wide scoop in search marketing and relates many aspects when dictating results while yahoo search marketing is concentrated to specific area and therefore provides results at relevancy and specific.Usually many prefer using Google search especially affiliate marketers because it help draws traffic to their site easily.

cbridge, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  3. darinblue

darinblue Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Yahoo and Google are comparable when it comes to the quality of traffic. Of course you will receive more traffic from Google for a given keyword however it is worth trying to rank on both Search Engines if you have the resources.

I typically target Google though because it is the largest search engine and therefore worth more of your time.

darinblue, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  4. kaspog

kaspog Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are on the SEO field for quite some time, you should already know the difference of the two search engines in terms of traffic. Today, majority of people use Google as their search engine because the results are quality and relevant. And that's what people like..

kaspog, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  5. krumpygrumpy

krumpygrumpy Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is worth the time but Yahoo can still churn out good traffic. yahoo cannot be ignored

krumpygrumpy, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  6. MaxMoney

MaxMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to ppc in my experience, google will get you the most traffic. YSM has yielded higher conversions with less traffic. I think the reason for this is because there are a lot more competitors in google clicking on your ads. Maybe not even competitors. There are so many ebooks out their the subject a lot of newbie marketers are researching clicking on ads.

MaxMoney, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  7. StanleyGrows

StanleyGrows Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that Search Marketing is paid right?

StanleyGrows, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  8. MaxMoney

MaxMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo search marketing is pay per click advertising

MaxMoney, Aug 2, 2010 IP