1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! Search Direct is a DISASTER!

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by bunnystar, Jun 13, 2011.

Has anyone else seen a big drop in CPC traffic from Yahoo since the launch of Yahoo! Search Direct?

I strongly believe Yahoo! Search Direct has been a disaster for my Yahoo CPC campaigns. For those who don't know what Yahoo! Search Direct is; it's Yahoo!'s lame attempt to mimic Google's Instant Search by displaying sites while you type in the search box.

But the problem with Yahoo! Search Direct is that it only shows the top 3-5 websites and doesn't allow visitors to see all the organic and paid ads, unless the users doesn't click on a site in the search direct box.

Google Instant Search lists everyone, so everyone still has a chance to get clicks (organic and paid).

I'm certain Yahoo! must have seen a big shift in sites being clicks with Yahoo! Search Direct. Sites fortunate enough to be listed in the Yahoo! Search Direct box I'm certain have seen a big jump in traffic while everyone else has seen a big drop in traffic.

Yahoo! is no Google and their future seems bleak. The people making these foolish decisions should be FIRED!

My prediction is Yahoo will soon realize their foolish ways and stop using Yahoo! Search Direct or make it just like Google Instant Search. I'm certain it has hurt their search business! This is just plain COMMON SENSE!

bunnystar, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  2. vedaliya

vedaliya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you even I never use yahoo as a search engine

vedaliya, Jul 7, 2011 IP