1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Search Broke BOTH my CPC limit and Daily limit by 782%

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by imca, Feb 15, 2007.

I wouldn't be mad if the problem was fixed. I wouldn't be mad the first person said he needed time to fix it. But when I have a Ad Group charge me $117 on an ad group with a $15 daily spending limit, talk to four different people over phone and email, and then get an email back 3 days later telling me basically why it happened (and neglecting to address any of my concerns), I get pretty ticked.

Situation:

I set up a new ad group.
    $15 daily spending limit
    $0.13 max search CPC
    $3.57 max network CPC for a few minutes and then when I realized they stuck the "suggested" max in there I changed to $0.11. Changed within a few minutes.. literally.. I actually think it was 45 seconds

The next day I see this:
    $117.28 in charges

Needless to say I was angry. I wrote an email and after no answer for a while, I called.

I was told I would get refunded because I went over the daily spending limit. I also talked about the CPC problem. They said their research team would get back to me and "take care of me".

I just got this:

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Search Marketing.

According to our records, the content match max bid on ad group "XXXXX" was increased to $3.57 by user id "XXXXX" on 2/11 at approximately 6:00pm, and was reduced back to $0.11 approximately 10 minutes later by the same user. During this time, the ad group received traffic reflecting this bid amount, which is why you see the higher average charges factored in when 2/11 is included in your reporting date range.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance. Thank you for choosing Yahoo! Search Marketing!

I never increased it. They just had it set to the default. The other funny thing also is when I checked it the traffic showed up for the 12th, not the 11th. Now, after I call in a few times, they move it over to the 11th. I have screen shots to prove this to them. Back to the calling and sending emails... again. Anyone else get stuff like this?

imca, Feb 15, 2007 IP