1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo sandbox?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by raymond, Jun 2, 2004.

Does yahoo have a sandbox? I think I have a site that made it there. Does this happen? If so, how do you get out? :confused: Thanks

raymond, Jun 2, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    the "sandbox" as far as google goes isn't something you can control- it happens naturally, and you just need to wait to get out of it. nothing more.

but it hasn't even been established that there IS a "sandbox" on google, much less on yahoo.

why do you think you're in a sandbox?

disgust, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  3. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like Yahoo takes a lot long to index the whole site than Google if you have a new site.

eCommando, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  4. raymond

raymond Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site I can't get on Yahoo, but I've made other less "important" sites with just a reference to the first site and when I search for the main site, I still don't get it but do get the less "important" sites because the name is on the sites???????????

raymond, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  5. justicewhite

justicewhite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With almost 900 BLs, my site still doesn't move into the top 10 for my search phrase either. Every so often, it pops up in the 3rd place and then back to 17, 18.

I must admit the site is about 3 months old.

I guess I have to sit and wait for Y to unchain my site :mad:

justicewhite, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  6. hmilesjr

hmilesjr Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site is about 9 months old. It has according to Yahoo! 187000 BL's, but only 18000 in MSN and 1780 in Google. I rank good in MSN and Google, but my main page is not in the top 200 in Yahoo. I am in the Y! directory, and some of my interior pages are ranking ok in Yahoo. I don't know what else to do for Y! other than wait it out.

hmilesjr, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  7. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    are you not listed at all, or just not listed in the top 200? Are you a member of the coop? How quickly did you get the 187,000 links? Were you ranked well, then dropped suddenly or were you never ranked well in Yahoo?

SEOGuru, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  8. timbo

timbo Peon

Best Answers:
    The ranking algorithms of both Yahoo and MSN place much more relevance to "on page" factors. Rather than worrying about your IBLs I would first ensure your site content is optimised for those keywords. Make sure they are in your title tag, anchor text within your site, within heading tags, bold tags, and just generally within your site content.

timbo, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  9. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    my site also with more than 30K back links rand very well in my keywords last 2 weeks but suddenly they were gone.... and not found even in the top 200 search result.

Now I don't get any traffic from yahoo, but I am confindence that my site was not banned from yahoo because I keep seing yahoo bot visit my site every day.

So any explanation why this happened there are more than 1,500 pages index but I don't even get a single visitor from yahoo now...

PinoyIto, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  10. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think i agree with this. Even when my site is super green with almost none IBLs, i can still get good ranks for certain keywords.

Google, on the other hand prefers a different gameplay

iskandar, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  11. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    True, Google looks at a link as a "vote" for your site. And some votes count more than others.

Google takes the philosophy of:
    "Well you have good content and it appears to be about the topic but no one else seems to care about your site so why should we?"

SEOGuru, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  12. hmilesjr

hmilesjr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Coopguy,

To answer your questions:

are you not listed at all, or just not listed in the top 200? Were you ranked well, then dropped suddenly or were you never ranked well in Yahoo?
    I am indexed, just not in the top 200. I used to be in the top 20 for my keywords. My homepage dropped out about 6 weeks ago, internal pages have been dropping in the rankings over the past 2 weeks. Many of them are not in the top 200, but a few are.

Are you a member of the coop? No

How quickly did you get the 187,000 links? I started building links in Jan. 2005. But I purchased a large block of links that I spread out over my site (homepage and interior pages) about a 2 months ago. Shortly after, the site made it's decline.

hmilesjr, Jul 17, 2005 IP