1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Rejects Microsoft!!! Breaking News!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by banker0679, Feb 9, 2008.

1. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I found that curious too. Just a quick note that was hardly noticed...and, yeah, no official word from either side.

But if Yahoo rejected Microsoft and they did it for more money...that's a major gamble considering their shares are dropping like heavy rocks. Not to mention just how badly their webhosting and email service is doing for actual users (me)!

But to think that Google will place a bid - at this stage if Yahoo was to accept such a bid from Google that would be the ultimate embarassment, in my view. They'll be slapping their own faces!!

Cant wait to see the final outcome.

But come to think of it, this may be a major play from Yahoo to boost their share prices. I'd certainly not sell their shares now. If that much money is rejected, then its only because something is happening in the background that we're not aware of.

Meantime, yahoo users (liek me) grit teeth at the crappy state of their service.

lychee, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  2. retro

retro Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting news.
    I think Microsoft will Offer What Yahoo Want until the end .

retro, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  3. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo are in merger talks with AOL, GOOGLE and Disney to protect it's self from microsoft.

Sohan, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  4. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if google/yahoo merge that will be a problem!

banker0679, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  5. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lpstong, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  6. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    To these who said YHOO opens at $19 and short YHOO, smart comments, sure YHOO is tanking from $29 to $30, wait a minute, wrong way :)

[​IMG]

gem.stocks, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  7. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll tell you what the real headache here is. I work on a mac. I've tried with firefox, camino and safari to make the new yahoo email work properly for me to no avail. I have serious problems accessing my yahoo mail because it stalls constantly. I dont know if everyone is having the same problem but i'm beginning to think that i'm a persona non grata for using a mac!!!?

Funny thing is, I cant access my inbox because it stalls, but their ads always show rather nicely on the page!!
    So i switched to the classic version to see if i could see my inbox. When I made the swtich, a box appears asking me for feedback on how i like their service...they got my feedback alright. I gave them a piece of my portuguese mind!

Whoever is thinking of taking over yahoo, i beg you to speed it up. i am suffering with their horrid system right now!

lychee, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  8. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    gio, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  9. banker0679

Best Answers:
    i guess refusing a takeover bid from a huge company makes your company look good. It makes your company look like you're in good financial standing

10. rkalajian

rkalajian Peon

Best Answers:
    HOT DAMN!

I glad to see Yahoo knows it's own worth. They're stock will go down in the short run, but they're going to make sure they put up the good fight and come back stronger in the end.

rkalajian, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  11. pharcyded

pharcyded Peon

Best Answers:
    Beggars can't be choosers (or maybe they can?)...Yahoo is retarded for holding out on the bid. I hope Microsoft backs out of the deal and lets them crash and burn for being greedy. Yapoo deserves an ugly fate :p

pharcyded, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  12. boucliers

boucliers Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo is worth more than the amount Microsoft has offered ($44 billion). They will better off looking for ventures with AOL or Disney.

boucliers, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  13. D'Godown

D'Godown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo AOL Disney merger sounds interesting, Mybe they starts something better then adsense
    Wow i am so mean.

D'Godown, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  14. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Justice Dept will not allow G to take over Yahoo at any point of time. The anti trust and monopoly laws would be violated.

aspire, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  15. alanl

alanl Peon

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with Yahoo, their stock is trading under 30 and they want 40, that's insane.

alanl, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  16. hyjlmc

hyjlmc Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Microsoft will buy Yahoo!
    But I hope Yahoo! can stay and better don't sell it to anyone.
    Yahoo! did really nice works. But Microsoft not so nice,I dislike MSN and Live,personally...

hyjlmc, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  17. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Of the two evils, Google and Microsoft, I prefer the lesser one, Microsoft. Google is becoming way too powerful for our own good.

Tudi, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  18. Skurai

Skurai Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope microsoft doesnt buy yahoo. Microsoft tends to screw up alot anyways. I dont find them reliable and I dont want them to screw up a part of the internet. Imagine logging on to yahoo and seeing the message "this program has performerd an illegal operation and will be shut down". lol.

Companies like Asus are starting to move away from microsoft and use linux. It saves alot of money for both asus and consumers.
    Imo, microsoft's OS is overpriced.
    In the future, imo, microsoft's OS wont be as dominant as it is now. Its time companies wake up a little and move away from microsoft.

And i hope some things get done so google doesnt get even bigger and the feds do their job and prevent google from acquiring yahoo if they try it.

Skurai, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  19. banker0679

Best Answers:
    looks like their stock went up today

20. ETS

ETS Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have sold out at that price! I can't believe they said no. I bet Microsoft makes one more offer and if gets denied again will pull back. They should concentrate on making MSN better before they do anything.

ETS, Feb 11, 2008 IP