1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo provides the worst hosting I've ever seen!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by fireflyproject, Jul 15, 2008.

1. KyserSoze

KyserSoze Member

Best Answers:
    TERRIBLE experiences with Yahoo.

I hosted my first video site with them and purchased the domain thru them as well. The site kicked butt and grew to the point they could not host it anymore. I got a dedicated server with another compay but guess what?

If you create your site with their sitebuilder you cannot transfer the site templates or the site. I had to redo the site from scratch on my toehr server. I revceived a renewal notice for my domain and it was like $39.00, what a rip off. It was so many things, when I finally got everything transfered but the domain, I went and sold my site months later, it took them 10 days to transfer the domain over to the new owner.

After I cancelled all my services with them and transfered all my domains, they went ahead and kept charging me for months afterwards for webhosting. I didnt catch it at first (my fault) but when i called them and explained that my sites were not histed anymore thru them and they couldnt possibly hav any usage of bandwidth from my account they refused to refund my money. Saying that i had not properly closed the account.

Stay away from them!!!!

KyserSoze, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  2. funseo

funseo Guest

Best Answers:
    i use hostgator

funseo, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  3. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy, hostgator and the planet <--- Best webhost

cipals15, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  4. newcity

newcity Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not try small web hosting companies , where you always get reliable hosting, instead of going with mass.

Anyway i think DreamHost is good too in my opinion.

newcity, Sep 13, 2008 IP