1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Overture - Right Side sponsered results

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by madmn, Jan 6, 2006.

I am currently using overture and cant figure out how the sponsored section on the right side of the results page work. I am in the 5th through 9th spots in my bidding and am on the first page on the right side? I am not complaining, just want to know how it works so that I can use Overture better.

madmn, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  2. jcfinc

jcfinc Guest

Best Answers:
    There are two types of keywords, specific and generic. An example would be;
    Generic - Mobile Home Financing or Specific - Mobile Home Financing Oregon

Overture/Yahoo lists the top 3 advertisers on Generic keywords and 2 top advertisers on Specific keywords. The others all listed on the far right, if you are in position 10 or 11, you will be on the first page.

I would also advise you to expand your keywords with free software from www.goodkeywords.com.

Not only can you expand your keywords, but you can find the common misspellings and common keystroke errors. Overture/Yahoo now accepts these listings.

An example would be; "mobile home financing" current bid $6 dollars, or you could add "mobile home finacing" for a mere 10 cents a click.

Misspellings and common keystroke errors can make a small advertiser a big advertiser on a small budget.

Jack

jcfinc, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the phrase contact lenses- they do the top 4?

schlottke, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  4. jcfinc

jcfinc Guest

Best Answers:
    Schlottke,

You are correct, Yahoo does on occation place 4 top advertisers on generic keywords. Not often, but it does happen. The real question is why this generic keyword and not all generic keywords.

Jack

jcfinc, Jan 8, 2006 IP