1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Overture becoming more and more disappointing

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by nsusa, Jun 12, 2006.

Placed a new campaign with plenty of targeted keywords with Yahoo-Overture. 2 Days later the campaign is approved - stripped down to 2 (two) keywords. This is becoming pathetic. Do they not want to make money of advertisers or what?

I stopped the campaign right away. This is it. No more money will be spent on Yahoo. MSN Adcenter and Google Adwords are happy to take my money.

Christoph

nsusa, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  2. CCD

CCD Peon

Best Answers:
    I have similar feelings but from a different viewpoint - my new campaign (for a Spanish Real Estate website) was just getting hit after hit from what appeared to be ad revenue sites. So I have stopped the campaign also.

Google seems to give good results, I will have to try MSN Adcenter - thanks, I'd not heard of them.

CCD, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  3. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same with me. 3 approved ads out of 12, and nearly zero traffic.

Surely I want to quit. But I still have $300 in my account, and I suppose I've lost them.

Freddy81, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  4. mike_01

mike_01 Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure you spend atleast $20 a month (minimum monthly spediture) else they'll deduct this money from your account automatically....

mike_01, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  5. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    really? i didn't know that. i have $5 smthing in my account 2 months ago and it still the same up to now. i only have 2 keywords in there. so i don't think they are deducting money automatically

TatiAnA, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  6. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    100% approved here for a very competitive and huge business. Overture staff is good in maintaining quality. Don't talk bad about them just because you try to trick the system and think money will let you do whatever you want at Yahoo Search Marketing.

They are not as crooked as you think they are.

Cheers

homeloans1, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  7. Jaimitodelqueso

Jaimitodelqueso Peon

Best Answers:
    overture/yahoo are definitely going downhill... smart people, big company with lots of $$$$ yet incapable of making the most obvious improvements. I spend 10 times more with G and would love to do the same with Yahoo, but impossible.

Jaimitodelqueso, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  8. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like what improvements @Jaimitodelqueso?

TatiAnA, Aug 8, 2006 IP