1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo local searches?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by fryman, Apr 16, 2005.

I am checking one of my site's rankings. it is a site in Spanish, so I went to check www.yahoo.com.mx (Mexico's Yahoo).

There are 3 types of searches you can do:

Buscar: en la Web (search on the web)
    en sitios en Español (search sites with a Spanish language)
    en páginas de México (search in Mexico's pages)

For the first 2 types I am #1. Pretty cool. But for the 3rd one I aren't even indexed. www.mydomain.com shows no results :eek:

Any idea why? I'm sure only a tiny % of people actually do such a specific search for my keyword, but it would be interewting to know why does this happen

Any ideas?

fryman, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  2. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you actually have a .mx domain or is your host in Mexico? Otherwise that will probably the reason. When you are #1 for the first search you should be #1 on yahoo.com as well.

I have noticed that the standard yahoo.com and yahoo.de search gives me the same result usually only when I do a yahoo.de (German sites) search my site is #1 although it's English, pretty weird, but I have a .de domain included.

Chrissicom, Apr 17, 2005 IP