1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! is Penalizing Co-Op Sites [Proof]

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by rex_b, Nov 29, 2005.

1. rex_b

rex_b Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn archive, always forget.. heheSEMrush

rex_b, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. rex_b

rex_b Peon

Best Answers:
    The email was "signed" by a yahoo support person with a name.

rex_b, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  3. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    The main beef I have with this thread is you say PROOF like you have something factual...

im waiting to see the proof

Shoemoney, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    All the support people at Yahoo (at least in the search marketing area) use fake names. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same policy for this area.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  5. rex_b

rex_b Peon

Best Answers:
    Proof is subjective, to me the email is fact that the coop would seem to be the only thing I would get a "penalty" for.

rex_b, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  6. rex_b

rex_b Peon

Best Answers:
    And of course people are giving me negative rep for reporting my findings, what a friendly bunch we have here.

rex_b, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    GeorgeB. and tresman like this.
  7. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    A few times is fine, a few dozen times is excessive in my opinion ;).

ViciousSummer, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  8. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    ferret77, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  9. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    To back rex_b, I haven't ranked in yahoo until I took co-op off, and replaced it with linkvault. In 3 weeks I jumped to number 1 spot for my main keyword - although it was right when the recent yahoo update happened, so could have been coincidence;)

Googles76, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    Stin likes this.
  10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    tiptopvillas is 100% correct. Your post is nothing but a stupid idea with absolutely no proof at all. The only thing you are doing here is confusing the new people.

Go learn some SEO before posting garbage like this. The email you got is the same canned email they send to everyone, just like Adsense sends the exact same email to everyone that gets banned.

fryman, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  11. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with that statement.. as this is just a guess and not really proof. I'm curious though to know whether you're still using the coop fryman and why or why not? I personally have left a few months ago so it's still hard to say how this will affect me. I can say that after jagger (no coop usage) my stats dropped 80% or more but time will tell.

iconrate, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  12. clasione

clasione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you REX....

Did I underline that enough?

clasione, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  13. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    here is something else , like 6 months ago if you put like 20-50 thousand coop weight on an ad pretty much in short amount of time your site would rank in yahoo and msn, like almost 100% chance, that doesn't happen anymore

so something changed, it still happens sometimes but not 100% of the time, and not quickly

I don't know why you guys think its hard to believe that a search engine wouldn't punish a site for suddenly having 30,000 new backlinks in a week

you guys think that reapeating a bunch key words will get you penalized , a bunch of key words won't do jack to your rankings,

The coop was the quivalent of a nuclear bomb of SEO, I could make a one page site with an affilate banner run right over multimillion dollar companies, you guys really thing the SE are cool with that .....

Mia likes this.
  14. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    No doubt in Yahoo - coop links are not as useful as it was before. But I haven't see any dropoff in MSN. Are you seeing that MSN is not working also now for you ferrett77 - this would be new to me and probably several others on the board.

a389951l, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah its not working as good in msn for me

my sites slowly crept down, for the most competitive terms, still can crank lesser competitive terms

blog spammers have been kicking my ass in msn

16. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know the feeling. BTW, this thread has a very misleading title. "Proof"

larysmith711, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I've had this discussion with Yahoo. You are correct in your assertion. BTW, I got more than the canned response that you posted. Yeah, I got that first, but after a few more one on one discussions, they as much as admitted it. Take it for what you will.

Mia, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    Stin likes this.
  18. kepa

kepa Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with ferret. All of last year and through March or so, right after implementing the coop, my site catapulted to the top 3 in ALL 12 or so of the most popular search engines. My directory listing was also in the top 5 alongside my organic one in yahoo for my #1 keyword. Earlier this year, I stopped remembering exactly when, my site tanked in yahoo! and msn is nowhere near what it was in the beginning either. There is no other variable other than the changes in the engines. Still #1 in Google though, thank god.

kepa, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  19. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    its funny how people are no where on the map then use coop and get to top spots then they fall back after a bit and then post THE COOP GOT ME BANNED

Shoemoney, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  20. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it seems the biggest problem anyone has had with this thread is the title. And yes, the title is misleading.

However, it is very much worth discussing, as it seems many people are experiencing problems with yahoo lately, including me.

Maybe coop is related, maybe it isnt. But honestly, it is almost impossible to discuss any "negative possibilities" regarding COOP here, cause you will get assaulted with posts and negative rep. Then, if you go to another site to discuss it, everyone is going to be on your side because it is something they dont trust or promote.

I think Rex is handling this in a pretty interesting manner. For him COOP is the only thing he can see right now as a possibility, so he is going to remove it, and resubmit to yahoo to see what happens. I, for one, will be interested to see if anything comes of it.

Oh, and everyone can feel free to send red rep if they like, it just might help complete the green background of this forum and give me a christmasy feel ;)

SportsOutlaw, Nov 30, 2005 IP
    Stin likes this.