1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Is Lame...

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by ViciousSummer, Jan 12, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    daamsie you are a much smarter operator/programmer/webmaster than I will ever be and I get what you are saying.

But, don't you think that Yahoo will close the gap in the end or do you believe that they will concede the SE business to others :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  2. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really expect that Google will lose much market share in the next couple of years - their brand is just too strong at the moment. It will be a long time before Yahoo! is really a force to be reckoned with and that will only happen if they continually pump resources into Search. I'm not sure they are committed to Search enough to do that. At the moment, their search engine seems kind of like one of those movie set facades; looks like it's real from the street, but doesn't have anything behind the doors :)

Mind you, I do use it occassionally, when I get stuck in Google and occassionally I find something - it's not bad having a second opinion.

daamsie, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Now Big D, let us not bury Yahoo and Anthony with one thread, give us both some time before that fateful day arrives :mad: :( :p

Did you and VS ever meet in a dark dream :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  4. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, yeah, sleep was kind of restless the last few nights ;)

Don't get me wrong either - I'm happy to see that Yahoo is serving their own results and ideally, I'd like to see a good alternative to Google. Eggs in more than one basket would be a great thing! It's just that after some high hopes initially, the reality is somewhat disappointing.

daamsie, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Funny, of late I am getting a lot of hits from:

my.msn.com/?page=1&refresh=1

When you click on the referral you get a generic MSN home page not the search engine.

I guess Softie is going to keep us in the dark when these searches are conducted.

anthonycea, Jan 28, 2005 IP