1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Index

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by lilquit, Dec 24, 2004.

do you use the same command for yahoo and google to see how many pages are indexed?
    when i do site:www.662mob.com on yahoo it says 243 pages and when i do it on google it says 7,400+

If this is correct how do i get more of my pages indexed on yahoo?
    Thank you

lilquit, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  2. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    site:
    This allows one to find all documents within a particular domain and all it's subdomains. Very good way to find out if the search engine has found all of you're pages and indexed them fully.
    Example: site:creativeconfusion.net

hostname:
    This allows you to find all documents from a particular host only. Example: hostname:toolbar.google.com

link:
    This allows one to find documents that link to a particular url. A great way to see if you're link exchanges are working and showing up.
    Example: link:http://www.creativeconfusion.net

url:
    This allows you to find a specific document in the Yahoo index.
    Example: url:http://www.creativeconfusion.net/search_engines/yahoo-commands.html

inurl:
    This will allow you to find a specific keyword as part of indexed urls.
    Example: inurl:search_engines

intitle:
    This allows one to find a specific keyword as part of the indexed titles in the Yahoo search engine. Great way of searching for spam.
    Example: intitle:Search Engine News

Join the coop network to get more pages indexed

crazyhorse, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  3. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    or, more simply put - yes, you are using the correct command, BUT Yahoo! doesn't seem to index nearly as many pages. It has indexed less than a tenth of what google has indexed from our site. If you find out a secret to getting more pages indexed, I'm all ears, but I think they just don't have the server grunt to deal with it.

daamsie, Dec 25, 2004 IP