1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo has a sandbox. How long does it last?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Seobiznezz, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If there is a filter it is not like the Google filter refered to as the sandbox. Like I said my site ranked in Yahoo in about 2 months. While Google took about 9 months.

Web Gazelle, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  2. elvislivz2

elvislivz2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting - for my site - which is in a very competitive space - it tookover a year for it to start showing up in anything meaningful for Google SERPS. The interesting thing I also noticed was that Yahoo seemed to follow suit with Google about 2 months after the site started showing up in the Google SERPS.

Here is a parallel experience. I do organic SEO for very large clients. One of my client has 30,000 affiliates and huge traffic including huge revenue. They were doing some things that got one of their URL's banned 0 which I was able to reinstate once idenitfied the problem. I had about 60 keyphrases I wanted to optimize for high placement in the SERPS. Once posted, it only tool Google about 3 days for them to start showing in their SERPS. They are now all in the top 25 - some 1 and 2.

I can only speculate with the experience with my small site with relatively small traffic compared to a very large trafficed site how the serach engines view them.

The moral of my story is: The Internet is becoming a big business world, when a site with big traffic does something, the search engines take notice. All us little guys have to wait for the left overs until we become big!

elvislivz2, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  3. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some guys say yahoo delay biz site for long time, so that they pay pay 300$ .but delaying new sites is not good.

seo-mumbai, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  4. deepak2512

deepak2512 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I have seen from experience a lot of link building ways work with yahoo and msn but not with google. But if the links are really not spammy then google will give credit to it sooner or later.

deepak2512, May 11, 2010 IP
  5. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think they have a sandbox but very less people use yahoo search.

checkblog, May 11, 2010 IP