1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Email deleted all my emails..

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by farhajr, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a silly thread.
    I have a Gmail account since they started Gmail in beta when it was invite only. I never deleted my emails. I then decided impulsively to delete every single email. After I was finished it hit me. I had over a decade of old emails in there. I felt like I lost everything. My world is gone. Well...guess what? It's been a couple of months and I still can't remember what was so important about my old emails or even what those old emails were. Would it be nice to have access to them? Sure...I guess. But other than just looking at meaningless old emails there was nothing there to miss.

You remind me of those idiots that rent a storage unit. Then they load it up full of their lifes crap. Then they stop paying and a year later they are furious to find out their "life" was thrown out. If the items were so damn important they wouldn't have been in storage in the first place. And if they were "kind of" important they would have been retrieved from storage prior to the last payment. And if they were "ehhhh maybe kind of" important you probably wouldn't have waited a year.

Remember that old cell phone you drop and break? Yea....you probably lost every picture on that phone. It burns but you get over it.
    Or what about when you update a new phone and not all of your files/photos/contacts transfer over? Big deal at first until you move the fuck along and forget you don't need most of that crap.

You had a FREE email account. Any important CONTENT including text, pictures, etc. should have been saved AND backed up if it was important.

You have nothing important in your email if you never needed it in a year...... Or maybe you had a treasure map? Shame on you for procrastinating finding that treasure numb nuts...

NetStar, Dec 30, 2019 IP
    sarahk, malky66 and mmerlinn like this.
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Farhajr,
    I think the mails are not really deleted, simply moved to a different backup system.
    However, I am not sure that emails older than 10-12 years can be restored.

You can try these steps below.

Step 1

Step 2
    Select "Help" from the menu options.

Step 3
    Enter “Restore lost or deleted emails” in the Search Help field.

Step 4
    Click on “Restore lost or deleted emails or IMs” from the list of results.

Step 5
    Click on the “Restore help” link at the end of the article on the “Restore lost or deleted emails or IMs” page (or just use the link in Resources).

Step 6
    Click on the “Describe the problem” drop-down menu from the “Yahoo! Mail/Messenger Restore Help Form” page and select a reason.

Step 7
    Click on the “Hours” drop-down menu under “When did you last see the missing messages?” and make a selection.

Enter your name in the Name field under “What is your name and Yahoo ID for the account you wish to restore?” and click “Submit.” Yahoo will retrieve messages
    from the earlier period requested and display them in your inbox

Taken from here
    https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Yahoo-delete-my-emails-older-than-1-year-Can-I-retrieve-them

JEET, Jan 8, 2020 IP
  3. Digiiit

Digiiit Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I am using yahoo.fr for many years and never had this experience

Digiiit, Feb 5, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digiiit
    This is in Yahoo's written policy. Mails older than 1 year are moved to a different server, if your account was inactive for more than one year.

JEET, Feb 5, 2020 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.