1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by TheNetCode, Nov 3, 2005.

While their offer is a great price for only $2.99 if you plan on using their service to develop a site for sale you might think twice. They do not offer ownership transfer option yet. So this makes it difficult to transfer your domain within the first 60 days. After that your buyer will have to do a domain transfer costing them another reg fee which in itself is not bad, just a pain. Kind of detracts from sale of a site when there is a hassle to obtain the domain name. So best use them to develop a site for your personal use than for sale.

Just some information for those of you who didnt know this yet and thought about taking advantage.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Ya I have a few domains that I was looking to sell that were at Yahoo but I decided not to for awhile due to the hassale.

But I launched a new site and wanted to try a different hosting company (mainly to be on different servers) so I tried Yahoo hosting and its not too bad actually. Was suprised.

aaron_nimocks, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    After 60 days, just transfer your domain to another registrar (adding a year) and then sell the site. The extra year's registration is a selling point (you up the price $10).

exam, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  4. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

Agreed to a point, but still a hassle for many.

TheNetCode, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  5. sufi

sufi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, its really nice idea. Never though of it. After 60 days if we transfer out, will we have 22 months before expiry or just 12 months?

sufi, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  6. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Most registrars give you a year's renewal automatically when you transfer.

exam, Nov 3, 2005 IP