1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo directory changing???

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ROAR, Feb 27, 2005.

It appears that the sites sort by most popular and also alphabetically.

The pages are split up for most popular...ie (1-25) on page 1, (26-50) page 2 etc. The new pages obviously have no PR and whenever they do get some-it is safe to say will be less.

So I find my site 3rd from the bottom...on the last page. I thought ---wow NO BUENO--so I pick a random site on the 1st page that I dont know...and it is dead...

So my conclusion is that "most popular" must be...either life-time clicks or the listings placed in the order they were included into the directory. Possibly even haphazardly thrown in.

The haphazard explanation while cynical may have some merit as I noticed the listing directly above with the following site description. N.B.the poor spelling.

"wide range of computer telephoney systems"

Since inclusion in yahoo's directory, my traffic has dropped considerably there. A main keyword phrase ranks #1 there...that gets practically no hits...fairly to extremely competitve also- since it is my company's name opposed to the page title....

Before inclusion--I got a nice amount of traffic to my homepage from yahoo...

Basically, I would reccomend thinking twice about coughing up the cash. What are you going to do...rank higher in google for your companies name?
    :mad:

ROAR, Feb 27, 2005 IP
  2. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sponsored listings $50-$100 a month for my category work a lot better then normal listings.

honey, Feb 27, 2005 IP