1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Desktop Search!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by msaad, Jan 11, 2005.

Is Yahoo the least creative company on this planet?
    I am really astonished... How come they are so successful? These guys don't have ONE creative brain cell!

I mean... Google came up with the concept of PageRank... Ok, so, let's do our very special Yahoo Webrank, and let's make it on a scale from 0 to 10 too! :cool:

Google came up with the idea of context sensitive ads... Great, let's come up with the exact same thing... And let's put them in blue boxes too, with the URL written below the ad.. :cool:

Google came up with the idea of a 1Gigabyte mail, and they used Java script to hide CC and BCC fields unless requested.. Hmm... Great idea... Let's increase mailbox size to 250MB, and hide the CC and BCC fields too!! We are so cool :cool:

Now, Google came up with the idea of Desktop search, and guess what... Yahoo has just released their very new Yahoo Desktop Search...

Life is seriously unfair.. Those guys should be broke by now!

What do you think?

msaad, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  2. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Wasn't blinkx the first desktop search? Didn't Apple showcase their upcoming technology, much like this, before Google, MSN, Yahoo?

Either way, I saw the Yahoo one in action and it was cool!

Competition makes things better. Especially with free tools.

TwisterMc, Jan 12, 2005 IP