1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Cache Conundrum

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Swebbie, Jan 8, 2005.

This is a bit strange...

When I do a link:domain search at Yahoo, my site's homepage comes up as one of the links. When I click the cached link it shows a late December version of the page. So far, so good, right?

Now, when I do a web search at yahoo.com, my site's link in the SERPs also shows a cached link, but when you click it the version of the page is months old.

Anyone ever seen this before? What do I make of it? I sure would like the SERP link to be updated to the current version of my homepage.

Swebbie, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  2. eddie

eddie snowrider

Best Answers:
    I would just give it a few days. Sometimes Y does that all of a sudden an old page will show up for a few days, should straighten itself out.

eddie, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  3. gregorym

gregorym Peon

Best Answers:
    Kinda redondant question but i have the same problems with Y! sometimes. Can't do anything but wait, that drives me nuts but no choice.
    Another possibility is to be included in their index....way to go and $299 :(

gregorym, Jan 9, 2005 IP