1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YAHOO Blew It...

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by CT SEO, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Loonm

Loonm Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, this one should be cool,
    But will baidu sellout, i think that they have a censorship or something, microsoft dont wish to deal with that i guess.

Loonm, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  2. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    I HATE YAHOOOOO...microsoft should buy and shut it down

but having say that...they have been good to my site...since i rank so high in their result...

to be honest i don't know why i hate yahoo...i think it's just they make you singned up for everything... :(

fuse-box, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  3. CT SEO

CT SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny that you should say that, I kinda feel the same way, I hate how I have to login or signup for almost everything that yahoo has to offer, isn't anything anonymous anymore?

CT SEO, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. COLDROCK

COLDROCK Banned

Best Answers:
    Irrespective of how well or bad any individual part of the company is doing, the overall company "Yahoo" is sick, the share prices are falling, the revenues aren't rising, the over heads are increasing, the profits have come down, now they are also firing employees, & not to mention that the share holders are angry with the present Yahoo board. Hopfully MSN buysout Yahoo before both go bust.

COLDROCK, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  5. reuben0207

reuben0207 Peon

Best Answers:
    for whatever reasons, Yahoo is a falling giant.....

thier top brass are not doing enough.....btw, the authority will not sanction the takeover by Google if it ever happen....

reuben0207, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would argue that it is failing, but not failed. As a search engine, they've used Google and Alta Vista (and possibly others) to handle the actual search.

As a portal, they're ok, but they dropped the ball in keeping people around (else they wouldn't be second, since they were first for so long).

Yahoo could have done all the things that Google has succeeded at doing, but they either didn't do them or didn't succeed at doing them compared to Google.

*Their biggest mistake would be joining forces with AOL.

usasportstraining, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  7. ardley216

ardley216 Peon

Best Answers:
    when i first saw the alexa rankings (a while ago) i had NO idea what yahoo was.. i had only used google... i had alook at yahoo and found that it was horrible to use compared to google.

i supose theres another wya of looking at it... google may have done all its fetures to the best possible and anything compared to it is not as good...

would you use yahoo if there as no google?

but overall i kinda hate yahoo too ;)

ardley216, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  8. ladyk5

ladyk5 Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont think they blew it, many financial people are saying that Microsoft might make a bigger offer. The very next day Yahoo's stock rose and was upgraded to a buy...

So i dont know I think they might get another offer

ladyk5, Feb 22, 2008 IP