1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo/Bing merge - your opinion

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by cdx, Oct 18, 2010.

Hi all!

How can you summarize the new Yahoo/Bing merge? Anyone is feeling any difference ?

;)

Guy.

cdx, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  2. ameerulislam1

ameerulislam1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is good for business environment. Competition always makes the market better for the consumers. Now google has to come up with new ideas to stay alive in the market. This will introduce more useful services to the users i.e. us!!! So I would say this is good news. How ever I'm still a big fan of Google. Now, want to see some more from Google.

ameerulislam1, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  3. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure I'm feeling a difference. All my campaigns just stopped running a day ago; customer support had to submit a tech support ticket which I'm waiting on; meanwhile the support person said she'd gotten quite a few others calls like this in the last day or two.

nextgen66, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  4. whose

whose Peon

Best Answers:
    Not happy at this point. Had much better conversions and costs at Yahoo and Bing is just not picking up the slack. Wish they would have done search by Bing and ads by Yahoo.

whose, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  5. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great Merge I love them both.

Bing it! Google is getting old and bing has so many more options.

Love the commercials BING

securesite, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  6. Natively

Natively Active Member

Best Answers:
    ...Before Yahoo-Bing will be able to really compete Google in paid search.

For now it seems Microsoft and Yahoo are having a rough start, and I guess many new advertisers just flee and prefer focusing on AdWords - see http://community.microsoftadvertising.com/forums/t/66966.aspx

There are many complaints, about issues like:
    1. Drop in click/impression volumes - this is due to AdCenter's narrower matching approach.
    2. Lack of support - it seems like Yahoo reps got most of the advertisers, but they aren't handling very well with neither the amount of calls nor the proper knowledge of AdCenter system/UI.
    3. Lack of features - AdCenter is way behind AdWords, not even "eating their dust".

Search Alliance execs and workers have a lot of work to do.
    My guess is that Microsoft will go for expanding its keyword matching algorithms, since they won't be able to restore the amount of pre-alliance impressions simply by expanding advertisers' keyword lists.

Natively, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  7. alexmcphie

alexmcphie Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it could be cool, but more work for me to do :p i heard it might get more pricey now to

alexmcphie, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  8. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to be a great move. I heard yahoo will start ad network campaign like Google adsense. May be this joint venture may trigger yahoo to start the Ad network by middle of this year.

hilhilginger, Jan 7, 2011 IP