1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo at it Again

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by iShopHQ, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    What kind of tracking do you have in-place, ROAR?

Crazy_Rob, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  2. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Rob...I have 2 kinds...

the freebie version of statcounter...that I glance at every half/hour or so...

Then if I want to dig a little deeper and actually crunch numbers, I have yahoo small business merchant solutions.

I like statcounter, but it only shows the last 100 page views in detail. They have an upgraded version that I may purchase...

ROAR, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I'm not familiar w/ those products.

Can you tell which terms are not bringing the same amount of visitors as they were previously?

Can you see if maybe your previous month's referrals were coming from just a few IP addresses?

Maybe people have you bookmarked now.

I know I have a lot of vistors that don't have me bookmarked and type my name into the SE's rather than their URL bar.

(Just thoughts)

Crazy_Rob, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  4. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    Strangely, Yahoo has actually managed to index over 20,000 new pages from our site. I would have never thought it possible, as they've been stuck on a total of under 3,000 for quite some time. Conversely, traffic is also up about 20/30% to a couple of hundred visits a day. Still, not even 10% of what Google brings. Of course, Google still has at least 5 times as many of our pages indexed. MSN? just over 2000 pages indexed and pathetic referrals - it's definitely the weakling at the moment.

No, I don't use Adsense and our site is fairly old (for what it's worth).

daamsie, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  5. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has never treated me very well. They record twice as many bls as MSN, which has 20 times as many as G, but they only have about 40 of my pages indexed, and those are all at least a month old. The bot hits daily but only a few times. I'm not sure what the deal is. When G or MSN bot hit it's 1000's of times and my page count does something. Y seems to not care one way or the other.

nfzgrld, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  6. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen it before. So long as you're not doing anything funky your site will come back. It is a fluke. Mine was caused by a server crash. Took a day to get back up and lost the bulk of my pages. Thank god I didn't lose my two main $$ pages (the ones with virtually all the links pointing to them). It has taken 45 days to recover the deeper pages.

Cheers

gchaney, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  7. digital123

digital123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all,
    Yes, I too am worried about yahoo - One of my sites also had about 3,000 to 4,000 of the pages listed until midnight the 27th and then the 28th all of the traffic stopped from yahoo. I was receiving daily about 6,500 people and now I am getting 1,000 to 1,200 a day and that is from google and other engines. Boy, I miss all of that traffic. But my website was down the week before this happened for about 5 days and when it came back up - it was up for at least 5 days before this happened. I wonder if the days it was trying to spider me and my server was down it is just getting to those days in the database update process and delisted me and in a few days it will come back because it is spidering me a tiny bit but not like before it would spider 2,000 plus pages a day of mine on only one of my sites.

I also noticed that 3 or 4 of my other sites also are not getting traffic from there but they never received much traffic anyway but still it it seems server wide for me.

That is my 2 cents worth.

Robert

digital123, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  8. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Have the SERP results from Yahoo recently changed? I don't check over there too often, and various things in www.komar.org have never ranked very well on Yahoo, but I checked a few things and I see 'em in the top-10 now where I didn't before.

hulkster, Mar 4, 2005 IP